Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Would this 84 donruss set sell at a little premium?

I have a nice 84 donruss set with only a few cards graded.

All psa

10 Bob Knepper
9 Allan Ramirez, Frank Lacorte, Dave Geisel, Nick Essasky, Scott Garrelts, and Matt Young
8 Jamie Allen and Bryan Clark

With this few graded and only one psa 10 should I ask any sort of premium? What would be a fair sale price if so?

Thanks
Chris
"I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."

Comments

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 9's and 8's would have no bearing on the price, and the PSA 10 you have has a population of 12, so it would be hard to ask for a premium using that as your selling point.

In my opinion, the only way the 1984 Donruss set can bring a premium is if it is still factory sealed.
  • GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Factory sealed yes.

If I am a buyer, the other premium I'd pay is Mattingly Rookie in PSA 9 or 10 condition.

The 1984 Donruss is a great set.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭
    The players you have graded really don't jump off the page at me. In fact, it may devalue your set as there are more collectors who like their sets NOT graded than those few who like them graded.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Factory sealed yes.

If I am a buyer, the other premium I'd pay is Mattingly Rookie in PSA 9 or 10 condition.

The 1984 Donruss is a great set. >>

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe somebody here can sell you the 9 cards raw (or trade you all of them for a PSA 9 - you can sell at a regular price and make the "premium" with the graded.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I think a person looking at the auction with a handful of graded cards in the set might wonder why you didnt grade the stars (ie they arent in good shape)
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Ohh I don't know... a complete set with a few graded singles from that set would bring a premium, allbeit based on the graded singles.
    I can't imagine THOSE graded examples would help much... but if you peppered in a Mattingly, and a few HOF'ers in 8's/9's/10's THEN the extra
    graded commons might make a difference... the more the merrier!

I have several sets (that I actually care about) that I pick-up graded singles for every now and then... so I have several complete sets
    with anywhere from 1-30 graded singles from it, but I try to stick with the stars.

Best of luck! I agree, that '84 Donruss set is a nice one!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!