Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How long does it take you to get a 25 card submission ready to send to PSA?

This is an informal survey. Let’s assume you are submitting a 25 card order. All 25 cards have been reviewed, chosen and put into card savers. What is the total time it takes you to get your submission ready to ship to PSA, starting with filling out the submission form to finishing with addressing the package for shipping? I am interested to see if it takes you as long as it takes me to get my submission ready. I will tell you later how long it takes for me. I look forward to your responses.

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Although I've never put a stopwatch to the process, assuming that all you're asking about is the time to complete the submission form, package the cards, address the package and ready it for mailing, I would say less than 10 minutes in total. The selection process and prescreening of the cards to cull ut 25 for grading is the time consuming culprit. The formalities of readying the submission are minimal.

The funniest thing will be if you get a reply from one of the submitters that doesn't fill out an invoice and just packages their cards with a total of how many are on the order. Imagine that . . . Sending in a 2000-3000 card order and just filling out in submission form header and sending the order in. Probably quicker than what we take prepping a 25 card order, eh?
  • Options
    The labeling, submission form and packaging would tkae me about 15 minutes. The culling down to 25 cards from the stack of about 2000 in my "Submit one day" stack takes about a month.
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I agree that the actual writing or typing of the form and packing takes 10mins. The pre screening takes days and weeks.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    for me the actual submission time is short, probably less than 30 minutes for a 25 card submission, and that is with hand writing the labels. Luckily I can type goood....my time consuming piece is that actual picking of the cards to submit....I'll see if I still have the touch with my recent 90 card submission that was logged in on April 7th.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    To me it seems like an hour: dig out my credit card, fill out the form, check it for errors, package the cards for registered mail, rip the package open because I forgot to put the form in, put the form in and package the cards again, rip the package open again because I forgot to include the vouchers, insert vouchers and re-package one more time, let the brown tape on the package dry a bit, fill out the mail forms, address the package, enter the transaction in my accounting software.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

can you imagine a 1500 card group sub? With all those cards belonging to a ton of different participants? Yikes!

Gumbyfan can (and so can lsutigers1973!) !! image

rd

P.S. I guess it can take less than 30 minutes to get a 25 sub ready to ship (but like everyone says, it can take forever to choose the right cards!) image

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Labels on the CS1's? Registered Mail? Wow, some of you guys really do follow the rules, eh? image

I think the last time I put the labels on a CS1 was in 1996 or something and I've never sent anything other than Priority Mail w/ DC.

When I fill my forms out, I just type it in online and use the "extended" form for larger orders. It's pretty easy and cut-and-paste makes it even easier and quicker!
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Based on my past record about 2.5 years. I'm due any month now.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I never send Registered anymore either. Such a pain. I've sent a couple 1000 card subs in the past. IIRC, it took me like 6 hours just to get the sub ready. Reviewing the cards took like a month. Not fun. Although they let me use a spreadsheet which was nice. I can't even imagine what 4SC must go through.
  • Options
    DuffDuff Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Are you folks serious abouy the labels? If i didnt use those, I would probably sub twice as many cards. My largest order was 1800~ cards and dear God, creating the excel spreadsheet, labeling the cards, and spot checking to make sure I had them labeled right took forever...oh the pain...
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't used the labels on the cardsavers in years and never have a problem whether it was a 10 card sub or 100+ cards.
  • Options

<< <i>Haven't used the labels on the cardsavers in years and never have a problem whether it was a 10 card sub or 100+ cards. >>

Same here no labels no problem.

biggest problem picking out the 50-100 cards to submit!image
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies