Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody know what these are? UPDATED last post**

I have about 40 of these and was trying to get some info, so far striking out. A local auto history buff basically told me to go to the library. I did a call in to an archiviest at GM..I thought they were very cool

My associate said they are ink and pen drawn Hot Stamped, although some of them look more like paint. Notice the stamp on the back, it reads Copied, Not copy.

update: Good golly I need my eyes checked...I did some research and took another look an determined The Bonneville Art was created by Van Kaufman and Art Fitzpatrick....I missed their initials plain as day...I looked up Art Fitzpatrick and am sending him an email...

Comments

• Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    For use with dealer brochures and/or ads, do you have any with pickup trucks? They might do okay on ebay but you won't get rich. Sell them as singles.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any with corvettes?

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Maybe, I haven't gone through them all yet, brought some home left the rest at the office, lots of them are wrapped up and I have to open them...So far the earliest is from the 30's, A 1936 Pontiac 4-door touring sedan...That one appears to be water color paint like...Thanks Guys...
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

Love the '59 Bonneville. At first glance I thought the driver was talking on a cell phone. Of course that would be possible since mobile phones were not invented until 1962.
  • Options
    Yes, they are pictures of cars.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, they are pictures of cars. >>

There are a lot of unemployed people but we get a comedian to work for free....image And No, they are not pictures, rather hand drawn ink and pen, some water color, by artists working with/for the big 3...
  • Options
    I found the artist...see post #1image update:

Good golly, do I ver need my eyes checked...I did some research this morning on the internet ...The Bonneville Art piece was created by Van Kaufman and Art Fitzpatrick....I missed their initials plain as day... VK AF ...I looked up Art Fitzpatrick and am sending him an email...

The artist is alive and ticking and turning 90 on November 24...I found his website this morning and noticed the similarities between the 1959 Bonneville's and knew it had to be the same guy...Do a google search for: Van Kaufman and Art Fitzpatrick for more info...

• Options

For the night crowd...I have been trying to figure out info on these since April...Today I found the artist behind the original shown on top...image
  • Options
    Is it just me or does the guys in the convertible look like he's talking on a cell phone?

Oh and admiring a coin....
    Some call it an accumulation not a collection
  • Options

<< <i>Is it just me or does the guys in the convertible look like he's talking on a cell phone?

Oh and admiring a coin.... >>

No he looks bored and would rather cruise the highway with the redhead coming up the walk instead of having a car load of goof balls riding in his new convertible.

My grandaddy had one of them monster boats in a ragtop- it was a blast to ride in it as a kid..
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    It looks to me like you have original artwork that was used in press kits, ads, et cetera. Try posting on the hemmings.com forum. IF Those are the original artwork, you have a pretty good find, most of the time they did not leave GM.
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it just me or does the guys in the convertible look like he's talking on a cell phone?

Oh and admiring a coin.... >>

Ya and his partner is halling a big bag of pot just in from Panama. they must be in FL. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

Casman
    Way Cool stuff you have there........image
  • Options

<< <i>Casman
    Way Cool stuff you have there........image >>

Thanks! To update I sold the 59' Bonneville pictured above a few weeks ago,....I have pretty much ID'ed almost every one, here's a link to the actual print Ad used by GM for the 59 Bonny Edit: link is expired...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file