Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I JUST GOT MY 2010 RED BOOK

It came in the mail via Priority. Sent from Wizzard Coin Supply. I saw them at the Baltimore ANA for the first time and it appears that they bought up a big supply of the new Red Books from Whitman and are selling them at half price + shipping. Total cost to me was less than the $14.95 cover.

For the MPL folks, NO price changes on ANY MPL dates from last year. Of course, the prices are all listed as PR63 which is very unrealistic considering how few certified MPL's are graded that low. The actual prices listed are just as unrealistic unless the Red Book pricing is really reflecting RAW examples that may or may not be legitimate. The only MPL's listed in four figures are the 1909VDB at $2,750 and the 1916 at $1,000. As far as reported mintages of MPL's, for the first time in a number of years, the Red Book kept the same numbers as last year. That is good for my argument of CONSISTENCY. Unfortunately, three of the Red Book date mintages are different than what Kevin Flynn just reported in his new MPL book. Even two of the Red Book date mintages are different than what Whitman itself published last year in Q. David Bowers "A Guide Book of Lincoln Cents".
Steveimage

P.S. From a very quick review of the book, it seems there are some updates, but the same number of pages as last year. They did add some verbage on the 2009 Lincoln cent reverses.

Comments