Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 William Henry Harrison Presidential Dollar Varieties

I recently purchased $100 in presidential rolls from my bank. They are all Harrison 2009 P's. I originally was looking for slick sides (missing letters) like on the G.W.$ coins. I didn't find any like that, but i noticed some coins have extra letters and #'s on them. Some have extra stars. Some have extra letters with a light side ways print. I wish i could provide some pictures, but that is not possible right now. Has anyone else found these errors( i think they are varieties, actually)? These are all coins meant for circulation, and not proofs. If anyone knows any websites that will help, i would appreciate it. I am also curious of values...although i am aware condition makes the value. Does anyone now of a website that features pics of 2009 pres. $ coin varieties?
Thanks!!

Comments

• post pics
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and enjoy your stay here!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey! I forgot to say image

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a good possibility that what you see
    is just 'contact' on the edges from other coins
    that pressed against your coin.

Without good clear scans, we can't be sure, but
    most of what I've seen are contact marks from
    other coins......
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    I conjunction with what Fred was saying, contact letters would be "raised" or "in relief" on the coins edge instead of "incused" into the edge and this particular condition has been mentioned with nearly every presidential issue.

From PCGS's standpoint, they generally only attribute presidential errors such as the Weak Edge Lettering (where part of a letter is missing such as the cross bar on a "T" or half of a "U") or the Partial Edge Lettering (where an entire letter or word is missing and the missing element is not missing because of a jam or damage caused by the edge lettering maching) but is missing from a very weak impression.

They would also attribute as a variety a coin whose wording was out of sequence such as those found on the Jefferson Proofs back in mid 2008.

From my perspective, I have seen some weak edge lettered Harrison coins but they were already grades and getting a good clear picture of the weakness is really a crap shoot!

BTW, this is a 2009-P Position B coin.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright image Welcome aboard. The more the merrier, deltablues.
    You may find some detractors, but this is a fun hobby no matter the coins that brought us here. Keep up the enthusiasm. It's good to read.

HE>I

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file