Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Stewart Blay's Lincolns retired???

I was just looking and noticed that his set has been retired. Have I been hibernating and missed some sort of omen or something? Say it's not true!

I need to find a support group or something now......

Comments

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to be a mistake. I'm getting that hollow "shrinking" feeling, like I forgot to study for a test, or somethin'.

At least he kept his "Mattes" alive... for now.
  • Options

My guess is that it is some sort of mix up. I can't imagine any other scenario.

Jack

Edited to add: I just went to check it out and found the set has been opened. He also has an image of the 09-SVDB posted.

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't asked him directly, but wouldn't you rather retire your set at #1, than have it drop on the list to #2 and then retire it?

Especially after all they years? That's what I would do if I were in his shoes.

Doug
  • Options

Doug,

You must know something that I don't. I just don't see how his set could EVER be #2.
    Gerry could certainly make a run at the #1 spot, but might not make it. Until we see how the sets would sit side by side, I think Stewart is pretty much undisputed at #1.

Then again, I've been "out of the loop" for a while, so what do I knowimage

Jack

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack,

I don't claim any special knowledge of the situation, but I've been watching Gerry steadily registering subsets and quietly taking No. 1 in each one as he goes. I imagine only he and Gerry know who's got the higher PCGS GPA.

Now on a coin for coin basis, I have no idea how it would go so .... I'm calling for a showdown!!! image
    Doug
  • Options

I think it would be really close.
    It would be great to see both sets someday.

Jack

• Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jack,

I don't claim any special knowledge of the situation, but I've been watching Gerry steadily registering subsets and quietly taking No. 1 in each one as he goes. I imagine only he and Gerry know who's got the higher PCGS GPA.
    >>

Doug,
    I'm confused. Is Gerry the Thomas Irwin Collection?
    Steveimage
  • Options
    Steve,

Yes (to both imageimage )
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Guys,

Retired ????? that comment is retarded. My coins speak for themselves. I have my full set and perhaps PCGS has some shenanigans going on.

Stewart

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! Like a weight has been lifted...image
  • Options
    jy8sjy8s Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Yippeeeeeeee

This network is returning to its regular broadcasts!
  • Options
    The world makes sense again. image
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there not there now, except for the MPL set.....

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Stew's adding his 58 DDO to the Major Variety catagories.image
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, either he was the one who asked for the 1958 DDO to be added, Or like me, he is getting tired of this crap and deleted a bunch of sets as i just did.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.