Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Why did PCGS list the 2002 state quarters if you cannot input them?

Does anyone know why PCGS bothered making the 2002 state quarters visible and optional if you cannot enter them into the registry set yet? Does this make sense to anyone?

Sincerely,
Chris
I am waiting to restart my mint State Quarters Registry Set.

Comments

• Options
    Chris,

Have you e-mailed PCGS about it? My understanding (making them optional now was actually my idea) is that the coins should be available for input throughout the year, just not count. This way, at year end, there is not a mad scramble to get them in when they become required pieces.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    I have not notified PCGS of this yet. I will go ahead and email them. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sincerely,

Chris
  • Options
    I just entered a 2002-D and a 2002-P Tennessee to my small, but slowly growing set. Granted, my new submissions have not been reviewed yet, but the system accepted the numbers I put in and even recognized the numbers as the coins they belonged to.

a2labmom
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    It's a good thing! Means lower prices! The first "out' high pop coins where selling from big bucks, now you can wait for the pops to expand and the prices go down! It's a good thing! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    i agree with eric

but then again, i never disagree with him

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    I notified Collector's Universe by email and they input it into their second database so I could input, and it was accepted into my registry set. It took them two business days. Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread.

Sincerely,

Chris