Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

OK Merc guys I'm gonna add my set

But I got a twist,

I'll register the set today and I'll add two dimes a week until I run out. Since Uncle Sam will be eating my coin money I came to the sad realization that I'll be tapped out for a while. image So adding two a week will atleast let me feel like I'm adding "new coins". image

My set will be listed as "The R.S.Gore Collection". Looking foward to jumping in with you Merc collectors!!

Rich

Comments

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good god does this mean I'm going to go from 14th to 15th???image

On the serious side welcome to the Mercury Dime registryimage
    We all seem to enjoy each others additions:
    the goodimage
    the badimage
    and the uglyimage

Pat Vetter
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    Its official, its in there! I'll probable end up in the middle of the pack.....image

Rich
  • Options
    Good luck! I tried that for a while, spacing out adding coins that is. I gave up pretty quickly. It seems I add slower than the others so if I only add 1 a week (my past plan) I was losing ground!
  • Options
    Hey Rich,
    Welcome to the wonderful world of merc's. We do have a lotta fun here.......but you better check in with Mark, before you add your next two....LOLimageimage
    I hope this is an adventure you will never forget.........I wont!
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    I forgot to say I'm down to adding things much more slowly anyway, haven't added anything in a while. So if you can stick with it you will end up in the same place anyway image
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crud: More Competition. When will it ever end ?? Well guess I am forced to Welcome You to the Mercury Dime Registry.image
      "WELCOME RICH to ADOLPH'S LOVELY LITTLE LADY Registry !!"
        Please have Fun and Join in on these Off the Wall Conversations We have.image
          Take Care: Ken
        1. Options
          MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
          Oh great, another dime collector! Plus, I see where you also have a Walking Liberty Half dollar collection. Now I have to keep an eye on you in TWO (!!) collections! I think what you should do as an initiation to this new collection is to go bid on that ebay 39-S dime that the other collectors are bidding upon and drive the price higher, ever higher. Suck up all their up-grade money so that my poor collection doesn't get left so far behind that no one can see me.

More seriously, as everyone else has said, welcome to the wonderful world of Merc's. Personally, I'd add all my coins at one time. I think it's nifty seeing a complete set sort of "pop" out of the ether.

Mark
          Mark

2. Options
        3. Options
          OUCH he's not heavy he's a merc collector.Lol
          Welcome to our group. Have fun.
          Rayimage
        4. Options
          dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
          You Merc guys seem to have so much fun, I may have to join. All I have is a 1916-D in F-2. But if they place weighting, it may make a difference.

Keep up with the friendly competition.
          Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
        5. Options
          That's why I had to join, its such a lovely bunch of collectors. I had been in the closet about it (the mercs that is) and I just had to come out and join the fun.

Rich
        6. Options
          DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
          Welcome Rich, we are always glad to have someone else join in. From past experience I have seen that once you put in a couple of coins, you might was well put them all in. No sense in holding back. Anyway, I look forward to another member of the fine set of collectors.
          Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
        7. Options
          Wecome Rich, to one of the most friendly group of "competitors" on the www! image

dbldie55, come on in! No doubled dies, here, but we're all lookin' for a couple o' nice '41/'42s! image

Mark, have you re-thought your strategy as to buyin' MS68FBs? Here's
          a nice one to think about. If you are like me, could you really part with a coin like that just to buy more common MS67FBs? LOL! image
          I wish that I could afford ONE, but I'm tapped-out on some 67FBs! imageimageimage

Hopin' to add a few, soon, and stop my slidin'! image

Regards,

Don

PCGS MS-68 FB PQ, PQ Color!! and
          FULL Heads RULE!
        8. Options
          TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
          That MS68FB Merc you linked to was just sold by Pinnacle Rarities two weeks ago for about $1,100. I also have one that is from the same very small hoard of '39-D Mercs that graded MS68FB, it's on my site in "The Gallery". Mine is not for sale.
          Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

9. Options
          MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
          Don:

That is one intriguing looking dime! Can you imagine trying to make a matched set of similar coins. It just couldn't be done.

Assuming the coin is not AT, what do you suppose happened here--two pieces of paper lying across the coin? I might have guessed the coin was in some sort of strange album with the obverse partially covered but facing up and the reverse concealed, but in that case the reverse likely would have been against some paper and so would have toned. Perhaps the coin was the end coin in a roll, but I'd have guessed that the toning would have been darker. Anyway, I think it would sure be interesting to know the coin's history.

Mark
          Mark

10. Options
          FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
          Had to Edit This. Ken had his Head up his Kazoo.image The 68 Dime I was thinking of was Graded by NGC.
            Sorry PCGS for Ragging on you about a NGC Dime.image
              Take Care: Ken
                imageimageimageimageimageimageimage