Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mercury dime results

I sent in two mercury dimes to PCGS here are the results:
the 1918 got it raw comming back MS63FB
the 1931-D got in an anacs MS64FB holder nice coin original tone not bright white looked like a shot 65FB not a lock but a shot at it. I lost money there. came back 63FBimageimageimage I have had better days and results

Pat Vetter
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    Thank you Pat for the update, you have made my decision easy for the ANACS 1917D that I have, I will crack it out and send it in......I will update as I find out.....sorry about your grades....
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS likes white mercury dimesimage I recomend a quick bath for that anacs dime befor you send it inimage
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat: There is No Justice when doing the Cross Over thing. Same thing happened to your ANACS Coin that happened to Mine. PCGS just thinks ANACS Coins are Inferior. Plain,Simple and Cut and Dried.
      Dennis,I think,has the answer. Bust those Babies Out then submit. Shame to have to do it that way but it sure looks like the Answer.image
        Being the DUMMY that I am PCGS has a Cross Over Invoice of mine right now. This time I'm giving them a Shot at Crossing some White Coins that are all NGC Slabs. No high Expectations this time though.image
          Take Care: Ken
        1. Options
          Pat, I was thinking of trying that, it is rather dark! Hope it works.image
          Dennis

My Dimes

2. Options
          Pat!
          Don`t dip that darn dime! Let me have a look at it before you desecrate that pristine original toning! Or, am I too late...image
          Jim
          A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."
        3. Options
          PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
          PCGS still has the coin I just got the grades off the internet.

4. Options
          Jim,
          I still have my 17d in anacs ms64, thats the one I was talking about bathing.image
          Dennis

My Dimes

5. Options
          Pat,
          Whoops!image
          Dennis,
          Pat`s wasn`t dipped...right Pat? It was cracked out of the anacs holder and sent in toning and all, unless ol` Doc Pat "curated" the coin! Dennis, I`d recommend crackin it out of anacs and submitting as is,raw, (no dip) first.You could always dip later but unless you know a good coin doctor, you can`t retone it!image
          BUT!...There is the much overlooked possibility that pcgs would no-grade it for any # of reasons .Then it wouldn`t be in an anacs holder, and that do present a problem!image
          To crack or not to crack?; that is the question!image
          A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."