Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Who is up for a Memory Lane stay up all night thread?

As we know the auctions ends tomorrow and will officially end sometime Sunday morning. If anyone is up for it we can keep this thread updated until our little eyes cannot stay up any longer and we will wake up Sunday morning to find our results.

I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITEMS YOU ARE BIDDING ON. Just the 15-30 minute updates if you are still in the game. My play is to have bids in on 25 items before the initial ending and bid on one item at a time during each 15 minute slot until I become the leader or get maxed out, or I fall asleep.

So when the NCAA games end and the auction is still hours from ending jump on board and let us know how you are doing.

Comments

• Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    one hour done. two and half hours of ncaa b-ball to go. i am still high on my bids.

is anyone else bidding?
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of Memory Lane but good luck on your auctions!
  • Options
    I'm still bidding on a few lots.
  • Options
    I have a few lots that I am hi bidder.
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of Memory Lane but good luck on your auctions!

i hear you oaktown. 17.5% vig but sometimes when they have the 1/1's or 1/2's that you want you suck it up and bid.

2nd half ready to start. still up on my bids. hoping vu can get it inside 7 to make memory lane bill a little smaller!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>hoping vu can get it inside 7 to make memory lane bill a little smaller! >>

Well ... 12:34 to go NC by 10 still too early to know. GOOD LUCK!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    When the lowest T206 is a PSA 5 that counts me out. Good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    i am done one of my cards. 1977 munson psa 10 now 1184 pre juice. next bid is 1302. cannot go over 1500 that one.

bobbiebakariv if that is you, congrats. no mas for me.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Czar ... unfortunately you may have to lower your bids ... :40 seconds left and "Nova" is down by 15
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    doug,
    i have seen grade school teams shoot better. absolutely no sense of urgency. i got what i deserved.
  • Options
    we are four hours+ after the initial end. i always wonder who is still bidding?
  • Options
    all right it is past midnight in the flyover portion of our country. the munson is up to $1850 with the juice, i just bumped up one more bid and i'll see how i did in the morning.

i think there is more scamming going on with this auction than there is at a blagodevich family reunion.

good luck to anyone else still bidding.

• Options
    I gotta get to sleep, got some phone calls I got to make in the morning. Big charity event tomorrow.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Well, How did you do?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I know that the 1981s are tough -- but $1,184 plus vig for Henderson? Wow-

Linky-Doo

especially when the last one on Ebay [about 14 months ago] went for under $400-
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    i got the 1966 bob skinner psa 10. 1/1 with 3 9's and a cardinal. pretty tough card from the 6th series.

also got the jim palmer rookie. i have been playing around with that card for years. dimitri young paid 3750 for the one i bought, but since he is out of the loop on that card prices have stabilized.

how about anyone else?
  • Options
    Picked up the 33 Delong Marranville. The first card I've been able to pick up in that set for over a year. I now need 4 more for the set in 6's or better. image
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • Options
    djspanndjspann Posts: 541
    I got the Chicle Isola, and T201 Lobert/Moore. I wish I had bid on the lot of 5 Chicle football that went for $835+BP. That's was a real bargain, I think.

Doug
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Did the auction really JUST close? Just got email
  • Options
    djspanndjspann Posts: 541
    It closed around 2:50 AM EDT.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know that the 1981s are tough -- but $1,184 plus vig for Henderson? Wow-

That one went for about $1000 too much.

If I get any 1981 10s I'm listing with Mem Lane...
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    This was my one win last night...

• Options
    that is a beauty scooter. did you get a good deal, a fair deal or "i need it and is hard to find so i'll overpay deal?"

i know absolutely nothing about that set, but a near mint 100 year old card of a star player is SWEET.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This was my one win last night...

image >>

At $660 plus juice , this was a nice pickup .
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I was happy with this Chase. VCP shows any previous sales of this in an 8 as having gone from $938 - $2500 (must've been two high rollers fighting it out for the $2500 one!), so for under $800 with the juice, I am happy here!
  • Options
    Spectacular pickup!...and that of a big-name player in Hal Chase of New York. Congratulations.