Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

eCheck only ?

Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
Can a seller on eBay refuse paypal, but accept Paypal eCheck only? Seems like fee avoidance to me.

EBay Link

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    No.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Free Shipping and $53 for insurance. What a BS listing.
  • Options
    jgrinzjgrinz Posts: 985 ✭✭✭
    I do not get it
    Is paypals fee structure different on Echecks than on a regular funded Paypal payment ???

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Yes it is technically against ebay rules but I wouldn't worry about it unless I was an ebay shareholder, and they I might question my own sanity. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>No.

Free Shipping and $53 for insurance. What a BS listing. >>

They give free shipping because ebay pays them to do that. $53 is probably the USPS insurance quote on the list price and ebay calculates that for the seller automaticly. However, I don't like the "we cannot be held responsible for uninsured packages" part. --Jerry
  • Options
    Yes, Echeck is a flat $5 fee if transfered from a bank account... otherwise paypal is roughly 3% of total.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I don't like the "we cannot be held responsible for uninsured packages" part.

It's wishful thinking and fantasy on the seller's part. If something happens to the package, he IS responsible.
  • Options
    ResRes Posts: 1,086
    It would be funny if someone bought it and paid with credit card. He wouldn't be able to file a non-paying bidder and would have to eat the final value fees.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't like the "we cannot be held responsible for uninsured packages" part.

It's wishful thinking and fantasy on the seller's part. If something happens to the package, he IS responsible. >>

And he probably knows that and is hoping to convince buyers otherwise. It's like gravel dumptrucks on the freeway with a sign painted on the tailgate, "We cannot be held responsible for rocks falling from truck. Follow at your own risk." Yeah right. --Jerry
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    I used to have epassporte.... it is just a plain flat fee....

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options

<< <i>It would be funny if someone bought it and paid with credit card. He wouldn't be able to file a non-paying bidder and would have to eat the final value fees. >>

IF you interpret his e-check only as an attempt to keep prices down then I wouldn't think he deserves that. However, I don't know this series and didn't look to see if the coin is priced reasonably or not. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, Echeck is a flat $5 fee if transfered from a bank account... otherwise paypal is roughly 3% of total. >>

Echeck has the same fee structure but a MAXIMUM $5 fee which is favorable for items over $160 or so

The only hassle is the few days waiting for the check to clear...no biggie
  • Options

<< <i>No.

Free Shipping and $53 for insurance. What a BS listing. >>

I totally missed that! You are correct, complete BS.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, Echeck is a flat $5 fee if transfered from a bank account... otherwise paypal is roughly 3% of total. >>

I know how eCheck works, thanks. I've been a ebay seller for years.
  • Options
    ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    I just got off the phone with PayPal "help" and they said that if you have both a CC and a Bank account registred with them that the eCheck option has been turned off.

HOWEVER, they are adding peoples' names to a list for people that want the eCheck option added back to their account.

I imagine that if enough people complain to PayPal that they will add the eCheck option back for all accounts, please call them and voice your opinions.

For those of us who receive large payments through PayPal the eCheck option is often the cheapest and best option!!
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    I Thought sellers couldn't charge for Ins any longer on eBay.
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I Thought sellers couldn't charge for Ins any longer on eBay. >>

You're right, they don't. This is an old thread from this past April.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file