Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Some opinions needed on possible BBCE purchases

I'm looking to pick up a couple of things from BBCE to bust open and get graded under this month's specials. I'm looking for some opinions on what you might think are better deals in terms what can be pulled and yield high grade cards. Obviously looking for what can give me a better opportunity for PSA 10's or any 9's that actually have value.

Things I'm pondering:

1987 Topps FB 3-box rack case - $200
1988 Topps FB 3-box rack case - $45
1984 Topps BB Vending Case - $400
1984 Topps BB 3-box rack case - $170

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks -
Andrew

Comments

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might I suggest 10 minty packs of 1976 Topps fooball cellos!!

Please see thread titled -- "BBCE Group Rip -- Sign Up Here!!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • OOOOHHHH!!! My kind of thread!!

Avoid the 1984 baseball vending case. Chances of a PSA 10 Mattingly are better from a rack case. I bought a rack case a few months ago and the boxes and packs were pristine.

The 87 and 88 Topps football cases are also good times.
  • StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    LSU - I thought the 84 rack may be a better way to test the waters of 84's than the vending case. Plus, I could get the other three things for almost the same price as the 84 vending.

• The 1984 rack case I bought was part of my birthday present for myself. In my case, I had 2 packs with Mattingly on top and one with him on the bottom. Kept one of the packs with Matty on top and sold the other two for about $45 combined. I also kept a few packs with HOF'ers on top for my collection. Sold one box to a forum user. When it was all said and done, I had a nice stack of submittable cards, about a dozen packs with stars rookies on top and almost all my money back.