Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Roller marks..how much will it affect the PSA grade?

I have a few '69 Topps BB cards that have faint roller marks on them...not creases, but roller marks. How will they affect the grading?? Anybody ever submit any?

Thanks-
Claude

Comments

• Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    I would think that PSA would treat them the same as cards with creases, and not give them a grade higher than a 5.

The 69 OPC set is notorious for having those factory roller marks on several cards in the set.

Kalinefan has the #1 1969 OPC set, and would be definitely be able to answer your question better than I would about this issue.

Hope this helps...
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    If they are on the back, and are faint, not much. If on the front, usually affects them by a grade.

If they are not highly visible, they are NOT treated like wrinkles or creases. I have 8's in my collection with roller marks on the backs and 7's with them on the front.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If they are on the back, and are faint, not much. If on the front, usually affects them by a grade.

If they are not highly visible, they are NOT treated like wrinkles or creases. I have 8's in my collection with roller marks on the backs and 7's with them on the front.

Ron >>

Totally agree. Depending on how bad the line is, I have been knocked down a grade and that's it. chaz
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2 that looks like a 7, I guess it depends how bad it is>>> Vey faint roller marks