Options

PCGS Becomes Official Grading Service of the U.S. Mint

What say you???
We will be able to buy ms70 and pr70dc from the mint

Comments

• Options
    tggrtggr Posts: 748
    PCGS Becomes Official Grading Service of the U.S. Mint

When PCGS became the first grading service to grade and holder a new 2009 $20 Ultra High Relief Gold Coin, officials at the United States Mint were duly impressed. PCGS President Don Willis recently negotiated an exclusive 5-year agreement with Mint officials, and as a result, PCGS will grade and encapsulate all coins produced by the Mint over the next five years.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    note the date
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    That COULd happen. But with their luck, the mint will be shut down due to metal shortages shortly after.
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Going to be kinda tough to fit those slabbed coins into vending machines, ain't it? image
  • Options
    lol imageimage
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Crap what if PCGS adopts some of the Mint's business practices and shipping procedures.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    What a Dream!

But it'll never happen because if it were even remotely possible, I'm sure that those TV Folks would have figured out a way of doing it! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    April Fools !
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>Going to be kinda tough to fit those slabbed coins into vending machines, ain't it? image >>

Not at all. Those machines can be adjusted for many different items. The problem is when Yaha and his boys hook a chain up to the Gold Coin vending machines and floors the gas, that's the only problem I see..

BTW.. I will return all coins graded less than a 70 grade..image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And on top of it I got grades this evening to. Wondering if they a dream to Four for four at MS70.
  • Options
    I can believe it.

Now the MINT has an excuse to charge more for the same coin you could have gotten raw...........................just great...can't wait.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    how many mints are they doing this with already?

I think New Zealand and somewhere in Europe

so not as far-fetched as some would believe
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Might be a nice day to stay off of the boards. I'll be back April 2nd image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Might be a nice day to stay off of the boards. I'll be back April 2nd image >>

I wish I could. I won't be going to work.
    April 1st stud's off in Washington State. image
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>note the date >>

March 31 = April 1???
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Geez, I guess I'm just going to have to consider every thread posted today as being BS.
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    One a side note, this has already happened in several other countries (New Zealand & Poland I believe) what to stop it happening here?
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but this is the dumbest idea I've ever seen on this forum and that says a lot.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS will be offering a Wine Grading service. image

The email says :

"In an effort to diversify the company's product portfolio to include even more collectors, Collector's Universe will add Wine Grading and authentication starting June 1, 2009, pending the company's ability to slab the wine bottles... "

It goes on to say that the wine grading room will be off limits to PCGS customer service personnel. This is a relief of monumental proportions. Soon enough , YNs will be complaing that they're illegal.
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Please click on the Read more ...
  • Options
    Most people don't click, "read more" This will be brought up about 100 times today on the boards.
    my EBAY items
    Successful forum transactions: jessewvu, nankraut, tootawl, levinll, mistercoinman, metalsman, adamlaneus, chuckc, fivecents, kingplatinum, jdimmick, waterzooey, moderncoinmart, bige, steelielee,
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry but this is the dumbest idea I've ever seen on this forum and that says a lot. >>

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the customer service videoimage

Steve
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One a side note, this has already happened in several other countries (New Zealand & Poland I believe) what to stop it happening here? >>

Because nobody important really cares about those other countries?

Add smiley face image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file