Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay Dilemma: Delivery 2 weeks overdue

I bought some coins from a seller who shipped via USPS on the 17th. Tracking says they were initially scanned, but the item has since disappeared into the ether. Contacted seller 3 times, and he informs me USPS won't do a thing to help until after 30 days. Seller shipped with insurance, of course, and has offered to send another set, but I'm reluctant now, and unsure how to proceed. Seller's Return policy is unspecified in the auction.

As I have no experience with deliveries gone awry, is it best to wait and see if it IS delivered eventually, or is it more likely stolen, and never to be found? I've learned some people don't care for USPS insurance, as the notice on the package is likened to an invitation to steal. I don't want to burn the seller, but I'm out the funds, AND the coins, and beginning to feel a little buyer's remorse...

Your thoughts?
UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
Beats All The Lies You Can Invent

Comments

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    What's the problem? If the seller offers to send another you're golden. Many sellers would want to wait and collect the insurance first which I think is a little excessive. I personally want to wait longer than 2 weeks because the USPS sometimes is slow but they don't lose things very often. Sending another set now will likely end up with you shipping a set back. --Jerry
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Tracking Insured coins always just shows the initial scan and then nothing until delivery. He's right, you have to wait for the USPS to do anything. It sounds like the seller is an upstanding guy who is doing everything he can at the moment.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    I really don't see what the problem is. If the seller is willing to send you another set, he's more than likely (much, MUCH more than likely) not scamming you. If you want the set now, tell him. And then when they both show up, send one back. Or you could just wait the requisite 30 days. You might also want to ask your post office if they have it laying around.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    OK... I really appreciate the input... his feedback is very good, high, and perhaps I'm being impatient...

I'll wait... and hold on the 2nd set for now... thanks, people, for the good advice...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I just had a similar experience and I could not believe it took so friggin long to get to Northern California from Southern California.

16 full days but they did arrive. image

Wait the full 30 days before proceeding. It'll save you the headache of having to return a set as notwilight suggested.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I should add that the USPS has had more slow packages than usual lately. I'm guessing it is associated with their budget woes. Still, knock on wood, no lost packages since I went to zebra coding--over 4000 shipments. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>I should add that the USPS has had more slow packages than usual lately. >>

Major agreement here!!! And it has no logic to it. I sent purchases from Massachusetts to Oregon, Washington State and New Jersey. The Oregon and Washington State were delivered in 3 days. The New Jersey one took a full 10 days to be delivered. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file