Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Shipping Error, What Should I Do?

ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
I sent in a UHR in a sealed box (along with other coins) for First Strike Grading. I got it back today (MS70), but as an added bonus, PCGS also (inadvertantly) included someone else's UHR mint packaging in the box with mine (only 1 coin though). So I have 2 UHR boxes instead of 1.

Should I call PCGS and ask them what to do with it, or just forget it? I don't want an extra UHR box (I don't really even want mine), but I also don't want to find a box and/or packaging material and make another trip to the post office and then go through the hassle of getting reimbursed and all that. Does anything thing it's that big of a deal if I don't do anything?

Comments

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I think I would have called PCGS and made them aware and then send it back to them (they pay for shipping of course).
  • Options
    StupidStupid Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    Call or email someone in customer service. They may want it back. Or maybe thier garbage dumpster was just full,

and they need to get rid of a few of those pesky boxes.image
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    SELL IT .....image......No,I'd give them a call and am sure you will be paid for the costs/trouble.....They will have to explain to a customer...oops,sorry we messed up.
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously.....send it back.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Call PCGS at (949)833-0600 and tell them about the error.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    use the 1-800 number.

call them. they need it back.

send it back.

if it were mine, I'd want it back.

(and mine is still in the mail! I hope.)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK guys, I'll call them tomorrow.
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    What happened? I will box the outer blue box from you..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file