Home U.S. Coin Forum

Last Day for Freebie at PCGS.. Collectors Club offer..

If you are a PCGS collectors club member today is the last day to get your US coin graded free. All you pay is shipping charges from PCGS.

Your coin must have some kind of sun or sun rays on the coin itself to qualify. Details have been on the PCGS home page under collectors club. Must be posted marked by tonight 3/31/09.image

Thanks PCGS for the free submission..image

Comments

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Thanks Georgeimage
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    "All you pay is shipping charges from PCGS."

They should have a special rate for the quarterly freebie; their regular shipping charges are prohibitive.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I don't have anything that qualifies.

They should change the quarterly freebie to be any coin once per quarter.

That would be much easier to figure out.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"All you pay is shipping charges from PCGS."

They should have a special rate for the quarterly freebie; their regular shipping charges are prohibitive. >>

It is much cheaper to have my dealer send in a coin on one of his orders than use the "Free" service offered by PCGS.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's there...AT or NT???
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

They should have a special rate for the quarterly freebie; their regular shipping charges are prohibitive. >>

It is much cheaper to have my dealer send in a coin on one of his orders than use the "Free" service offered by PCGS. >>

Good point, roughly $30 in shipping or $18-$30 in grading if piggybacked on someone elses order.
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    got mine off today.image
    figglehorn
  • YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>

It is much cheaper to have my dealer send in a coin on one of his orders than use the "Free" service offered by PCGS. >>

Yea I noticed that.. If I had a dealer friend I could of save some $$$.. It cost me $20.76 for return certified/insurance shipping for a $150 valued coin.. But I hoping for a 70 grade on a very nice Gold Eagle coin I submitted.image
  • LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162

<< <i>It's there...AT or NT??? >>

NT with a super image! image
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just mailed my CC special today.

Trying to crossover a 1909/8 $20 NGC AU58 that I was able to purchase very cheaply (put down that I'll take any grade AU53+). Got my fingers crossed as I'd like to add this to my 1909 mint set on the PCGS registry.
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just mailed my CC special today.

Trying to crossover a 1909/8 $20 NGC AU58 that I was able to purchase very cheaply (put down that I'll take any grade AU53+). Got my fingers crossed as I'd like to add this to my 1909 mint set on the PCGS registry. >>

Hmmmm.... I thought it had to be under $300.????

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, just under $1000 of declared value.

<< <i>Nope, just under $1000 of declared value. >>

Yeppers under a $1,000 with a Sun image or Rays from the Sun.. Great idea PCGS..image
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Just got my grade yesterday.

I 'as hopin for one of them thar 70's!

Know what I mean Vern???

imageimageimage
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
    Whatever happened to that guy Vern. Does he bunk with Pee Wee Herman in San Quinten?

Lee, one good thing on your coin, no milk spots so far.image
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's there...AT or NT??? >>

NT with a super image! image >>

Right on the money Lee. Just graded-MS68. Mike
  • Actually he died. Age 50.Link
  • lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

<< <i>

The CC Special is a perk for those who regularly submit. They are already waiving the $8 handling fee for the form and the actual grading fee.
    You want free shipping too? It cost me $24.55 in shipping to and fro to get my CC Special graded. I'm not complaining though.
    It's better than nothing.

I wonder if you can transfer your freebie to me since you are using your dealer??
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file