Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

It's been awhile since my last coin purchase.so pulled the trigger on this one.

gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
Comments welcomed.
Text

Comments

• Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    It certainly is white. Are they supposed to be this white? I dont know much about these, but it looks very nice.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it was bead blasted image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It certainly is white. >>

Are you suggesting it doesn't have original surfaces?

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    do you think it might have been DIPPED?
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    It sure is a nice coin with great detail and remarkably hit free. I like the surfaces but yes... I think it's been dipped. That's just my opinion though.
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was minted yesterday.
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it was appropriately discounted.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slabbed? grade?
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    I should receive the coin from heritage in three day's..I don't believe it will tone in that timeimage

I liked it for the strike and clean fields..pretty much new it was dipped.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I should receive the coin from heritage in three day's..I don't believe it will tone in that timeimage

I liked it for the strike and clean fields..pretty much new it was dipped. >>

Tell them to ship it in some Taco Bell napkins image
  • Options

<< <i>slabbed? grade? >>

Heritage had this coin up in 2007 in a PCGS holder in 64.Was cracked out and sent to NGC
    and still a 64.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    2 or 3 years in a taco bell napkin will do it a world of good
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Karnac says:
    "Hermetically sealed in a mayonaise jar since 1830."

Dating myself, but , thanks Johnny Carson.
    Paul
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats toooooo white image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>slabbed? grade? >>

Heritage had this coin up in 2007 in a PCGS holder in 64.Was cracked out and sent to NGC
    and still a 64. >>

Huh, my first instinct on seeing the pics was that NCS had done a number on it. The timeline you laid out above suggests that may very well have been the case. Does anyone have a link to the pics of the coin as it looked in 2007?

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    78750Aggie78750Aggie Posts: 417 ✭✭
    Incredable looking coin, doesn't looked cleaned to me due to the apparent luster, and is too high a grade for me to start guessing.

The Obverse looks to be the Large '0', does it have Large Letters on the Reverse?

Aggie
    Aggie
  • Options
    NCS +1.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>slabbed? grade? >>

and still a 64. >>

Huh, my first instinct on seeing the pics was that NCS had done a number on it. The timeline you laid out above suggests that may very well have been the case. Does anyone have a link to the pics of the coin as it looked in 2007?

Sean Reynolds >>

Sean,it's the same coin that sold in 2007 for $4025 look at the previous auction results.
    The auction # of this coin is 1997(NGC).This coin never touched NCS.
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>slabbed? grade? >>

and still a 64. >>

Sean Reynolds >>

PCGS MS-64 September 2007 Long Beach
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

I don't think it will be as white in hand as it appears in the pic. Although it's been dipped, I still like it. It's got a great look.

Congrats.

-wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    Of course it has been dipped. Still...I like it. Course I don't own any mint state halves, and any MS coin would be a huge upgrade. It is remarkably free of tics or rubs. I usually prefer some skin, but if I can't have skin...your coin is what I would look for.
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    a coin doctor's dream canvas!
    pop that bad boy up into some funky color.. get it in a grade higher
    holder due to the color and profit.

i also think it was dipped but its preservation state is awesome.
  • Options
    OKbustchaser
    Thank's for the tech help.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet you will really like it Al. Its white and I like the look.

Ken
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem, Grip...

By the way, there is nothing at all wrong with that coin that cracking it out of its shell and placing it into a Kraft folder for about 5 years or so wouldn't cure.image
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a close encounter with a buffing wheel JMHO image

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    phehpheh Posts: 1,588
    I love it and could care less that it was dipped. Feel free to take some of the green from my jealousy and shallac it onto the coin.
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Amazing looking coin. I don't usually like white old coins but that one looks great. Is it dipped? Of course it is and so are most of them from this era- even the toned ones are most likely on the second or third dip/retone but you know this too- not sure that many others here do. image
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No problem, Grip...

By the way, there is nothing at all wrong with that coin that cracking it out of its shell and placing it into a Kraft folder for about 5 years or so wouldn't cure.image >>

I totally agree with my friend here.
    I would also think about letting this one get some fresh air outside the envelope as long as she is protected.
    Put her on the top shelf of a bookcase or piece of furniture for a few years laying right on top of the envelope, but
    out of the reach of stray hands and the ever present dust mop.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    DropdaflagDropdaflag Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭
    A dealer just showed me a raw bust half just like that one (last week). Nice coin. He thought it was original and I am not in a position to disagree.image

• Options

<< <i>Amazing looking coin. I don't usually like white old coins but that one looks great. Is it dipped? Of course it is and so are most of them from this era- even the toned ones are most likely on the second or third dip/retone but you know this too- not sure that many others here do. image >>

You can tell by the posts that they don'timage
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

Pretty coin, just needs some dirt, I like it.......image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file