Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Need help in valuing 1915 Y-5923 Russian rouble and 1982/83 papal Y-137 Polish 200 silver Zlotych

Looking for information as to the value of these 2 pieces. Not much help in the world catalog.

The production on the Russian 1915 rouble is approx 5,000. Coin if of MS61-62 quality.

The 1982-1983 Polish papal piece comes in the Red Box.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

roadrunner
Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Comments

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    I can offer an opinion on the 1915 rouble, but is it just my personal observation. The 5,000 mintage, while reported by Krause and other Russian price guides as well, has been questioned by several current numismatic experts. Some suspect that the mintage is truly a multiple of 5,000 simply due to the number of 1915 roubles that appear on the market each year. The other possibility is that restrikes were produced in the subsequent years which are indistinguishable from the originals, thus clouding the mintage numbers. Nevertheless, I would guess that an original MS-61 to MS-62 is probably in the $800 to $1100 range. As an observer, I think the current Russian numismatic market has hit a plataeu or even softened, which is perhaps healthy given its steep price runups since 2003/2004. The same piece might have possibly commanded 10-20% more 12 months ago.

Here is the one in my collection for comparison:

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that information Worldcoinguy.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold