Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Would you help me grade this Morgan?

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
I like this piece I picked up last week, looks PL witha lot of lustreimage Thanks for the help....Joe
The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Not the best picture for grading, but I'd guess somewhere around MS63 PL....The chatter on the cheek really drags down the grade. The reverse is beautiful.

-Paul
  • Options
    Huge rim ding at 1 oclock on reverse image Lots of chatter on cheek, I cant be sure but it seems like alot of even wear on obverse. The pictures posted are really hard to grade from. I am going to guess 62.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photos aren't at all definitive, but it looks like there's a lot of eye appeal. I'm going to say 63PL, with a shot at 64PL if the frost breaks on the face and head aren't any worse that they appear in the photo.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    Assuming the pics are making the cheek chatter appear worse than it really is I will go 64 PL
  • Options
    crazyhounddog,

Looks like a die crack running through the upper neck, makes the coin more interesting, and you may want to check the mid-neck area for a VAM33A. My grade opinion is in agreement with coinkid855...63PL.

Do a search and find my 1925 Peace and offer a grade opinion as well image

Aggie
    Aggie
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nearly impossible to hazard a grade based on those pics.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd like to piggyback, I could help you get it more accurately graded.
  • Options

<< <i>If you'd like to piggyback, I could help you get it more accurately graded. >>

What are you talking about " piggyback "???
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

<< <i>crazyhounddog,

Looks like a die crack running through the upper neck, makes the coin more interesting, and you may want to check the mid-neck area for a VAM33A. My grade opinion is in agreement with coinkid855...63PL.

Do a search and find my 1925 Peace and offer a grade opinion as well image

Aggie >>

I would love to grade your 1925 peace dollar, but I can't find it!!
  • Options
    Heck, I may not be able to find it now. I'll see if I can and TTT for a few more opinions today. BTW, looks like you've got a very nice coin here.

Aggie
    Aggie
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's saying if you want to submit the coin to PCGS, send it to him and he will include it with his next submission.

<< <i>

<< <i>If you'd like to piggyback, I could help you get it more accurately graded. >>

What are you talking about " piggyback "??? >>

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    78750Aggie78750Aggie Posts: 417 ✭✭
    If you'd like to piggyback, I could help you get it more accurately graded.

I'm not going to tell you the visualization I was getting...image
    Aggie
  • Options
    SmokerSmoker Posts: 216
    64-PL
  • Options

<< <i>If you'd like to piggyback, I could help you get it more accurately graded.

I'm not going to tell you the visualization I was getting...image >>

That's a scary thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If you'd like to piggyback, I could help you get it more accurately graded.

I'm not going to tell you the visualization I was getting...image >>

That's a scary thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    63pl
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file