Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

New Salzburg Gold

My pics of a 1709 Salzburg 1/2 Dukat that arrived today. Auction winnings in Europe.
It is a rare issue minted under Archbishop Franz Anton von Harrach. Its 17mm in diameter (slightly smaller than a dime).
KM#298 / Fb. 845

Comments

• smetsmet Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Wow, very nice. Your world gold collection is moving along quite nicely too. I wish I could say the same for mine.
  • worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    That is a real beauty with exquisite detail. Your new pic threads never disappoint.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    That's a fantastic coin! Here's a little brother I sold a couple years back; it was graded MS64 I believe, and these old scans don't do it justice:

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    Jester ....... and a handsome little brother it is !!!
    A 1/2 ducat is a small coin .. the 1/4 must have been real tiny. It amazes me how they can get all that detail on such small coins.
    I may have to keep my eye open for one.