Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

PCGS graded world class Indian Head Cents coming up for

Auction in the Heritage Central States Numismatic Society convention in Cinncinati, OH end of April. Here is a quick sampling of the coins.

1861 PCGS MS68 finest CN MS IHC for type.
1872 PCGS MS66RD
1877 PCGS MS66RD
1899 PCGS MS68RD finest RD MS IHC for type
1909S PCGS MS67RD

To many to mention from this mindboggling collection. image
Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless Stewart is selling, are they really the finest .... or just finest graded. image
  • BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Rick and I, owned/handled many of these, this stuff is nice. many from Alan Epstein's alltime finest collection. I know Stewart likes the 1899 MS68RD and a few others.image
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Wish I could see them in hand, I don't think Heritage photos will do these justice.
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    Holy smokes! Some killer coins there!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone with concerns about the national economy should not be bidding on these!!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

<< <i>Anyone with concerns about the national economy should not be bidding on these!!

WS >>

On the other hand that might be exactly why someone would bid on them. image
  • STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

This is part of a $25,000,000 consignment Heritage is auctioning.
    Indian cents are only a part of this dudes stuff. He owns two 1804 Silver Dollars. He is only auctioning one of them.
    Since this consignor is still alive and still owns coins it will be very very interesting how the prices hold up compared to what he paid for them.

Stewart

<< <i>This is part of a $25,000,000 consignment Heritage is auctioning.
    Indian cents are only a part of this dudes stuff. He owns two 1804 Silver Dollars. He is only auctioning one of them.
    Since this consignor is still alive and still owns coins it will be very very interesting how the prices hold up compared to what he paid for them.

Stewart >>

That is an interesting tidbit, does he also have a decent gold collection? I'd be curious what kind of rarities are hiding there. image
  • renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tides were right, and the stars aligned, I would go after the 1899 alone, and let the rest fall away. Finest of the type... ooooooh. I'd love to see all the paddles go up when that coin hits the block.
  • speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    I was just looking through the Joseph C. Thomas Collection last night, some of the best coins i've ever seen! Of the 1325 lots he has for sale, there are NONE that i wouldn't love to own!

While his IHCs are nice, they are going to be way overshadowed by his ultra-rarities, the 1804 dollar, 1870-s dollar, two 1794 dollars, etc. This set is just plain, wow!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Cool videos I found on Stewart's Indian Head Cent collection for all those interested in mint state Indians.....

myurl

myurl

Enjoy image
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed

Part 1

Part 2
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Gasp! Bah-hah!

Who the heck can own two 1804 dollars?!? Just auctioning one can land one a mansion with two Bentleys parked out front.

I have yet to look at the Indian cents mentioned above, but I get the feeling that this auction could definitely inspire a shopping spree at Park Place Lexus. Unless he's saving up for the one 1933 Saint Gaudens thats legal to own.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    2 1804 dollars?!image
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1861 was not Photo Sealed when it was in the 2003 Gorrell sale.
    The 1872 was RB - appearantly mistakenly graded RD by PCGS.
    The 1877 will soon be Photo Sealed - I won that one - off to it's new home.
    The 1899 is the single finest Indian cent - also Photo sealed and off to a very happy buyer.
    The 1909-S will not be Photo Sealed. I won that for one of my customers, even though he knew that going in. Got it for the proper money, though.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Unless Stewart is selling, are they really the finest .... or just finest graded. image >>