Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Teletrade auction tonight.. Does this PCGS slab look messed with?

Look at the run of coins this consignor has. This is just one.. Rainbow NT/AT? Does this slab look like it's been mess with.. Look closely around the "coins" outer bubble in the slab. Thanks for any help on this one..image

Silver Dollar 1883O PCGS 61 from Teletrade Coin and Currency Auction 2673, lot 1680
Brokenslab

Comments

• Options
    TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    That happens sometimes to the older ones. That type of ring in the holder are not used anymore. The coin is NT and not messed with.

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>That happens sometimes to the older ones. That type of ring in the holder are not used anymore. The coin is NT and not messed with. >>

Is it cracked? IF so would PCGS reslab with rattler label?

Also I like it very much..image
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I have two that are similar to that; it appear only to happen to the old green holders (at least that's all I have seen). To further answer your question, that is not a "rattler" and no they won't reuse the label if the coin is reholdered.

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That happens sometimes to the older ones. That type of ring in the holder are not used anymore. The coin is NT and not messed with. >>

Is it cracked? IF so would PCGS reslab with rattler label?

Also I like it very much..image >>

They will not reholder with an old label.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    It does not look cracked, it's the ring inside the holder that has bent.

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • Options
    I have seen similar before and they always looked like they were heated and the inner ring started to warp.
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>It does not look cracked, it's the ring inside the holder that has bent. >>

See guys all these years and I have the old rattlers, also thought this was sort of a rattler, just an older label yes..

I never once saw a ring inside a slab do that.. Also do you think by changing the label it would affect the price a tad?

Thanks fellows for the heads up..
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure PCGS keeps older slabs and labels around, filling their storage space, just waiting for the opportunities to present themselves, like this, to re-slab in the older style. Makes business sense to keep older, "obselete" supplies around "just in case"

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file