Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Paypal For Free ???

Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭
"you can send $ for free on paypal if the accts are "personal". Personal accts can send $ free up to $500."

Is there any truth to the above statement ? It seems to me they would not do anything for free ???

ThanX

Comments

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Yep, that's true
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options

<< <i>Yep, that's true >>

Really.... how do you do it ? I have a premier account.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yep, that's true >>

Really.... how do you do it ? I have a premier account. >>

The trade off is that you CANNOT use a credit card. You have to fund everything from your back account and you have lots of limits on how much you can send and receive.
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"you can send $ for free on paypal if the accts are "personal". Personal accts can send $ free up to $500."

Is there any truth to the above statement ? It seems to me they would not do anything for free ???

ThanX >>

That is indeed true. PP accounts that are personal can accept funds from accounts with existing balances or by echecks but not from credit cards. The limit is $500 per month for goods or services. The $500 limit does not apply to cash transfers. I have taken well over $500 to my personal account any number of times. If you accidentally upgrade you get ONE chance to undo that. You may have a personal and a premier account, but each must have its own email addy.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    With a premiere of business account, you can send money up to $10K for a fee of 25¢, and the recipient pays no fees at all.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    OK, Since I have a premier account I have to set up a personal account.

ThanX !
  • Options

<< <i>With a premiere of business account, you can send money up to $10K for a fee of 25¢, and the recipient pays no fees at all.

Russ, NCNE >>

Now I'm really image I've always been charged the .30 +2.9% unless it was an e-check.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>"you can send $ for free on paypal if the accts are "personal". Personal accts can send $ free up to $500."

ThanX >>

That is indeed true. PP accounts that are personal can accept funds from accounts with existing balances or by echecks but not from credit cards. The limit is $500 per month for goods or services. The $500 limit does not apply to cash transfers. I have taken well over $500 to my personal account any number of times. If you accidentally upgrade you get ONE chance to undo that. You may have a personal and a premier account, but each must have its own email addy. >>

If I was to take $2500 I'd ask the payer to break it up into $800 $800 and $900 increments to attract less attention.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With a premiere of business account, you can send money up to $10K for a fee of 25¢, and the recipient pays no fees at all.

Russ, NCNE >>

Now I'm really image I've always been charged the .30 +2.9% unless it was an e-check. >>

You just need to know the secret back door.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>You just need to know the secret back door. >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file