Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CONTEST *CLOSED*: Please help me fight MS *Updated with additional prizes & a bake sale :)

2»

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What did I win??image >>

One of Barry's fruity/vegetable loaves image
  • Options

<< <i>

One of Barry's fruity/vegetable loaves image >>

I'm so proud y'all.
    Tonya
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

The difference between nightcrawler and ping's donations were minimal.. Like less than $5.

Therefore, since the generosity was so overwhelming, I'm going to give ping the same option. Either a 1-year PSA membership or gift certificates.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Good Job!
  • Options

Just need to hear from ping and then we can get everyone else taken care of. With the ride coming up this weekend, my free time is limited until Monday. So I should start sending stuff out sometime next or the following week.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>image >>

Simply awesome! Great job! image
  • Options
    I don't know where to begin...

Long story short, the weather absolutely refused to cooperate. Flash floods everywhere and our campground got over 3 feet of water. Due to the potentail liability and this being a charity ride, the organizers made the correct call and cancelled the first leg. Here are some pictures from our campsite.

So it was a go on Sunday. Got up at 3:45 and headed out to La Grange. Some pics from the ride:

Still waiting for ping. As for the other items, they may take a bit to get sent out... Long story short, it will be worth the wait.

• Options
    i'm old and slow image
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

is stown off on another "spandex wearing cycle charity adventure"? image

When you return,

Barry,

I'd like to send you a check for MS.

Pleeeeeeze PM me with,

1. your addy
    2. who do I make the check out too?

TIA

rd

edit: OK, I figured-out "who to make the check out too! image (stown, still need your addy!)

• Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Great pics and great going once again Barry. To bad about the rain, but it looks like it cleared up nicely.

• Options
    As I told my generous supporters, I'm riding the Shiner GASP tomorrow. It's a 100-mile one day ride from Austin to Shiner.

Good times.

So after 6+ months of training, I'm going to rest my over extended body for the next week or two. It will give me time to start shipping out items and baking some yummy bread.

Thanks again for your support.

• Options
    Hope they didn't give you guys free beer to load up the water bottles. image

Let us know how it went, hope things were good. image

imageGO BRUINS image
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>I want my bread >>

It'll be croutons by the time it gets there.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I want my bread >>

It'll be croutons by the time it gets there. >>

It should be okay since Barry told me he will be hand delivering each loaf.
  • Options
    Bah!

Can't a brother, who just completed a one day, 100-mile ride, catch a break?!?!

I'll start putting stuff together this week and hopefully get things out shortly.

Ping, please let me know what you want to do... At least take some bread, please.
  • Options
    OK, I'll take some bread, but that's all I need/wantimage
  • Options
    I'm planning to get some bread out after this weekend.

• Options
    Hey guys,

I feel absolutely terrible doing this but it is what it is. Unfortunately, I have been absolutely swamped with little to no free time the last couple of months. I've tried to bake the bread but to be perfectly honest, it's just too much for me to handle. I mean seriously, from the prepping to the rising to baking. If it were only 4 or so, I know that I could eventually get it done. However, with this many, I just honestly don't have the time.

I know it's an excuse and for that, I'm sorry. However, having said that, I will get out some thank you notes and the prizes pictured in this thread.

So to all that donated, a million "thank you"s and I sincerely appreciate it.