Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Vammer's asleep today? Got these 3 extra cheap tonight. UPDATE: received one of the 3 coins today a

Let you guys see if you can guess what they are.

NOTE: all pics are of the auctions....no cheating....

This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.

Comments

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a serious novice vam collector but I was hoping I could spot something on those 3 pictures.
    I can't see anything too noticeable other than the die cracks on the reverse of the 3rd pic. image
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm not a very good Vammer. I don't see anything incredibly remarkable on any of those coins.

-Paul
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess I'm not a very good Vammer. I don't see anything incredibly remarkable on any of those coins.

-Paul >>

Me neither image

I can attribute about 1 in 3 of my own coins on the vamworld website, let alone these small images. Aside from the diecrack on the reverse of #3 as pointed out by the previous poster I can't see any clear markers.

EDITED: Just a WAG, but there appears to be a 'dot' on the eye brow in #2 and possibly some clashing between the eagle's lower right wing and the olive branch in #3.
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    ???

These are some fairly easy ones.......I will let it go and see if anyone can id them.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    Raybob15239Raybob15239 Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    Is that top one a Thornhead?
    Successful B/S/T transactions: As Seller: PascoWA (June 2008); MsMorrisine (April 2009); ECHOES (July 2009) As Buyer: bfjohnson (July 2008); robkool (Dec 2010); itsnotjustme (Dec 2010) TwoSides2aCoin (Dec 2018) PrivateCoin Jan 2019
  • Options
    1. Thornhead

2. Thornhead

3. Hot Lips

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    OOOhhhhh.....so close, so close

You are correct on 1 and 2 but 3 is off.

• Options
    anyone else?

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1. Thornhead

2. Thornhead

3. Hot Lips

Dan >>

You'd have to see the obverse to tell if it is a Hot Lips. image
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Well, here's the scoop.

1st coin is a definate good one. Other 2, well.....let's just say that the seller is no longer a member of ebay and won't be seeing them anytime soon.

Here is the one that I won and just got in the mail today.

1921 S VAM 1B5 Thornhead in low AU!!!!

• Options
    1b6, 1b5 and o/s
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    Awesome thornhead!
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374

<< <i>1b6, 1b5 and o/s >>

Cool!! The only one who got them correct!! Albeit I won't be recieving the other 2 as the seller is no longer an ebay member.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file