Home Sports Talk
Options

1988 World Series Game 1

I just got done watching a replay of the 1988 Game 1 World Series, Dodgers vs. A's. I can watch it over and over again and it still gives me the chills. Such an unbelievable moment. I even enjoy the cheesy graphics, the big rimmed glasses on Davis and the mustaches. McGwire was sooooo skinny! And, I will never get tired of Scully's voice! I love it.

In case you haven't seen it, I won't tell you the ending... Anyway, i just had to share, it's very cool to be able to watch that stuff...

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    "I can't believe what I just saw..."
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You musta won a couple dimes on the game image
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    That World Series brings back great memories...The last World Series and baseball series I ever watched with my father before he passed away and the last time the Dodgers won the World Series. I hope a new generation gets to enjoy a little more of Vin Scully's announcing. I remember as a kid during the 70's my father would mute the tv any time the Dodgers weren't on their network and we would watch the tv but listin to Vin on the radio.

brian
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>"I can't believe what I just saw..." >>

I'll never forget that day either ... had my bachelor party on that day ... and I kept on saying "I can't believe what I just saw! LMAO!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember that too. I was stationed in Germany with the U.S. Air Force. I, along with two other guys, were watching the game in my dorm room. I'd fallen asleep, and was woke up by the two of 'em yellin' their fool heads off when Gibby hit the homer (at around 4 am or so our time).

Steve
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I was at the Sonoma State at UC Davis football game. A guy in the stands told us Gibson hit the home run and I thought he was lying... and then we watched Sports Center over and over that night. Awesome... since I am a Dodger fan... and was surrounded by A's fans that night!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>"I can't believe what I just saw..." >>

I'll never forget that day either ... had my bachelor party on that day ... and I kept on saying "I can't believe what I just saw! LMAO!!!!! >>

You were saying "LMAO" back in '88? Man, you were ahead of the curve! image
  • Options
    I heard Kirk Gibson hit a home run in this game. Happy 25th Anniversary.