Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1st Time Caller

Hey guys. I have reading the message board here for a while and thought that I might as well join in on the fun. Just a little info about me. My name is Mark and am 38 years old. I have been collecting since I was 5 so this has been in my blood for a while now. Just like most collecters, slowed down alot towards the end of high school and college but got back into it hot and heavy again.

I mainly collect vintage baseball - 1975 and prior. I bought alot of the newer stuff the last 8 years (mostly busting boxes) but got tired of spending $150 bucks to get $25 worth of cards. Although, I really like the group box breaks you do with BBCE and hope to get involved with that as well. As you can tell with my icon, I am a huge Reds fan and collect everything that catches my eye.

Like alot of posts I have read in the past, I am working on completing about 10 sets at once (which is never a good idea). I am trying to focus on finishing my 1960 topps set. About 27 cards short but I should finish before long.

Anyways, that is a little about me. I hope I can learn more from you guys and do a little buying and trading as well.

Mark
Project:

T206 Set - 300/524

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Longtime Listener!

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Welcome Mark!

• Options
    NowPanicNowPanic Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Hey new guy!! I just joined recently myself.
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards... nice to have you.

You might want to list the sets you are working on and whether they are raw or graded. This way you might get other members who collect the same sets to trade with you.

Jeff
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Welcome Mark. Are those sets you are putting together Graded or Raw?

You will meet a lot of really nice guys/gals on this site that have a LOT of valuable info!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Mark,

Welcome back to the hobby and to the boards!

PoppaJ
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mark , Welcome to CU. There is much here . Alot of great guys and some gals as well , bring much to learn from.

Again welcome------- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. All the sets I am working on are mainly raw (some of my sets are comprised of graded cards). I am currently working on the following sets (all baseball):

Like I said before, I am almost complete with the 1960 set. After that, I will probably finish off my 1971 set (about 100 cards from finishing). I will post a little later about the cards I need for my 1960 set.

Thanks again everyone.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! You waited a year to post after joining? These guys will do that to you - just kidding. That's a great list of sets you're working on.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    mandeldmandeld Posts: 350 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards, good luck on the 1960 set, great one to cross off the list.
    Successful transactions with: vintagetoppsguy, packman, barndog, Big80s, MurphDawg, BrackAttack, mealeworm, Publius, Whiteshoes, bigredone, rube26105, ledsters, reelinintheyears, digicat, themetalsign, OSClabs, 1420sports, bighurt2000, MeteoriteGuy, lsutigers1973, skier07, Machodoc, gameusedhoop, tennesseebanker, Downtown1974, CGeorge, Salinas, corvette1340, lbcoach20, initialD, IJustLoveCards, TedSimmonsFan, Goldlabels, Lothar52, bigred1, Bosox1976, itzagoner, svtPONY95
  • Options
    G'Day and welcome
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    All these guys are idiots. Don't listen to them.

Welcome to the boards.
  • Options
    welcome, some great people here

enjoy
    We are currently buying all vintage sets from 52-75 for baseball and football.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the funny farm. It's a great place to be.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to you both!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image

I have about 80 cards to go to finish my 1960 set. What quality are you looking for. I have many low to mid grade duplicates, and a few higher quality ones as well.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mark

Welcome and good luck on finishing your 60T set.

I agree - 10 sets? Way too much for me to keep track.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Man, Mark...your opening post was actually quite lucid and coherent.

You'll never fit in here.

Nick
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards!
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Welcome... and stuff.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageDonato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)