Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

First Question - Logical thinkers need not reply!

OK. This is a question about Beckett pricing.
I have always wondered why a non-graded NEAR MINT High # 1972 Topps BB is valued at $12, but a PSA 7 NEAR MINT is valued at $8.
I just don't undersatnd.
I do understand that all price guides are just that, guides. You would think, though, that the pricing would be the same.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a question about Beckett pricing >>

Does Beckett really have price guide listings for PSA graded cards? I know they would have a guide for BGS graded cards, but I am surprised they also list prices for PSA cards.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This is a question about Beckett pricing >>

Does Beckett really have price guide listings for PSA graded cards? I know they would have a guide for BGS graded cards, but I am surprised they also list prices for PSA cards. >>

He's talking about the fact that Beckett lists the card at $12 NM RAW and the PSA GRADED value is lower at $8.
  • Options
    NowPanicNowPanic Posts: 128 ✭✭
    It states in The Beckett Graded Card Investor & Price Guide, "We've chosen to simplify matters by providing the value that the card is most commonly traded for in that grade". Rather than break down listings for every card in every condition by every company. It also recognizes PSA SGC & BVG/BGS to be the major grading companies.
    I find it to be very accurate.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    The answer is: many cards were not meant for grading. Such as the card you mentioned. PSA prices on some items are irrelevant.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Raw near mint '72 high # commons are not actually selling for $12.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.