Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Buck Leonard autograph opinions please!

Forget the GAI cert....is this real? Anyone have doubts?

Comments

• Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Looks odd to me, but I'm more used to seeing his "shaky" signature. Not sure if this is just older or if perhaps his wife or someone signed for him at some point.

Sorry, I realize that doesn't help at all.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I only have one example to compare it to. The sig that I have is more upright/straight up & down in nature. It could be that his sig was more slanted and flowing in an earlier period though.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    After the stroke, when his sig was very shaky, his wife still had him sign his name to checks and things like that. I wouldn't buy the sig shown. Just MHO
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Here's a ball that I witnessed Buck Leonard (post-stroke) and other negro leaguers sign years ago in Ohio.

This is a pre-stroke Buck Leonard (for reference):

PoppaJ
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Oh, its not mine...been contemplating on buying it but Im not convinced that its good. I dont know what year he had his stroke...I guess I could see if I could find any sigs from around the same era from spence or psa to compare.
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    I believe his first stroke was in 1986.

PoppaJ
  • Options
    It looks alot like his prestroke sig.
    Mike
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Mike...do you have pics of pre-stroke Leonard in your database?

Also, I PMed you my address...thanks again
  • Options
    Barry,
    I will mail that package out next Monday after I make photo copies of the sheets I told you about.
    Mike