Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

help needed on resealed GAI 8 pack..updated 4/8

So I bought a GAi 8 pack and it is sitting at the post office. I am told it is bogus, and already contacted the seller who is standing by it is GAi graded. What are the best steps to TRY and get my money back? I will updated the thread as I go along. Should I send it to PSA with MG and see what happens, just try to return it to the seller. Pack was 280 after paypal coupon.

TIA

Ted

Comments

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Let's start off with the easy question's first.......Who told you it is bogus? What proof do they have it is not lot legit?
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Ted,

was the seller bbwax by any chance?

PoppaJ
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    The problem with buyers prevailing in such SNAD claims springs, in part, from EBAY's
    de facto endorsement of certain authenticators.

In the face of a sophisticated and militant SNAD-defense by a seller, a buyer's best
    recourse is likely in litigation against the authenticator, the seller, AND EBAY.

There are dozens - maybe hundreds - of holes in EBAY's "only a venue" doctrine.
    Their recommendation of authenticators is one such hole.

EBAY's Policy:

List of authentication companies

Autographs

Authenticate sports autographs and memorabilia with:

Global Authentication

James Spence Authentication

OnlineAuthentics.com

Authenticate sports autographs with PSA/DNA.

Beanie Babies

Use Peggy Gallagher Enterprises, Inc. to authenticate your Beanie Babies.

Coins

Get your coins graded with:

Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC)

Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS)

Comics

Use CGC to have your comics graded.

Stamps

Authenticate your stamps with:

American Philatelic Society (APS)

Philatelic Foundation (PF)

For authentication and grading, contact Professional Stamp Experts (PSE).

Trading cards

Grade your trading cards with:

Beckett Grading Services (BGS)

Global Authentication Inc. (GAI)

Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA)

Sportcard Guaranty (SGC)

Misrepresented items

If an expert says that an item on eBay is not accurately represented, we reserve the right to remove it if we believe that its sale might create liability for the buyer, the seller, or any third party. If this happens, we’ll refund the listing fee to the seller.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Return to sender
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Ted,

PoppaJ >>

I'll answer for Ted, yes
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Ted,

PoppaJ >>

I'll answer for Ted, yes >>

///////////////////////

My reason for asking was that bbwax has a 3-day return policy.

If the package is still at the PO, he would have ample time to return the pack for a refund.

PoppaJ
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbwax is a resealing crook...most of his packs are raw and most likely rejects from GAI but he has been getting quite a few holdered, too. Yet another reason to be extremely wary of GAI graded packs in the new flip. A boatload of bad 1977s were graded last year, too, almost all of which were graded Mint 9 and Gem Mint 9.5..those packs were manufactured from an uncut roll of 1977 wrappers and will have no roller lines or wax residue on back..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

See, that's the problem with this board...everyone is answering the question before Ted has responded. See, how it works is, you ask a question and wait for a response from Ted...THEN REPLY!!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, that's the problem with this board...everyone is answering the question before Ted has responded. See, how it works is, you ask a question and wait for a response from Ted...THEN REPLY!!

Packcollector is the one who alerted Ted in another thread that the pack was bad in the first place, so we all know where the pack came from...obviously you have no idea about any of that..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Someone on the boards I believe has sold very scare WRAPPERS to an ebay ID, and it was the same address as the sending address of BBwax! I guess I will just try to use the return policy, at first I wouldnt think anyone would reseal a one cent pack, I never believed someone would buy a 5$ common and a 30$ wrapper and turn it into a $300 pack! I guess I will pick it up and ship it back. The seller had some GAI packs, and some raw, I would have thought the legit packs would be graded but maybe the raw packs didnt even pass GAI
  • Options
    Why would you pick it up? Just refuse delivery from the post office. If it's in your P.O. Box, I suppose I unerstand, but I'd still write Return to Sender on the package.
  • Options
    You guys think that would work? I have no idea with paypal rules what would happen, but it wasmy intent NOT to pick it up!
  • Options
    Looking at bbwax's ebay feedback I see that you are not the only person to feel like the stuff has been resealed

BBWAX Feedback Profile
  • Options
    I refused the package at the post office, now he refuses to give a refund saying it was over 3 days from purchase...but of course not 3 days from delivery. Do I file SNAD or INR?

Thanks in advance

Ted
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this Ted.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    It was over $250, correct? Paid with Paypal, correct? If you refused it and never signed for the Signature Confirmation that would have been required for him use per Paypal rules, then I would go for the INR. PP will ask him for the Sig Conf. #, and it will never show up as signed for by Ted from Lynnfield. You should automatically get your refund from PP after enough time has passed for you to have received the package.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Good advice Hoop.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    It's an INR.

No sig-con, no seller defense.

I would not NEG him, until AFTER I got my refund.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.