Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1973 topps All these years I didn't know

I was reviewing the high number cards in this series and noticed that many cards were produced with players that had been released or traded from their respective teams team in February, March of 1973. This even though the cards from this series were distributed in July 1973.

Normally, if you look at high numbers of past years, those players would not be included or would be shown with their new teams (although beit with airbrushed hats).

Turns out that in both Florida and California, the 1973 set was released all at one time not in series as usual.

I guess Topps was testing their release of the complete set at once as they have been since 1974....
In the USA all men are created equal but some are more equal than others....

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Topps first produced "all series" packs in 1973. The also released packs that year in traditional series from 1-5, too. The "all series" wrappers usually have an ad/blurb on the left side of the front of the pack and are somewhat tougher to find..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Here's the all series example, 4th wrapper down

1973 all series wrapper

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's the all series example, 4th wrapper down

1973 all series wrapper >>

Thanks for the site lead-----Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    that's what i'm talking about

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's the all series example, 4th wrapper down

1973 all series wrapper >>

Thanks for the site link. I was thinking about those box cellos back in 1972.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take that rack for 39 cents...
    Mike
    Bosox1976