Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sweet Babe Ruth Check

I would love to own this check. A little out of my price range, although not totally unreasonable.

Babe Ruth Check 1936

Comments

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Currently at $3131 with 9 hours to go .... looks like it could reach the $5,000-$6,000 mark easily!

I must say it sure is a sweet sig, though I would prefer "Babe" instead of "GH"!

PoppaJ
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I must say it sure is a sweet sig, though I would prefer "Babe" instead of "GH"!
    PoppaJ >>

Yeah, signed check as Babe would be great. Not sure how the bank rules apply on signatures though. Not sure if they would let you sign a nickname on a check.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, signed check as Babe would be great. Not sure how the bank rules apply on signatures though. Not sure if they would let you sign a nickname on a check. >>

Why not, the bank had his checks printed with "Babe" Ruth on them.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember, it didn't seem like too long ago, ten years ago or perhaps a bit more, these signed checks weren't selling for squat, and now for a variety of reasons these checks have become very popular, and very valuable.

• Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    With the abundance of forgeries on the market, people have turned to checks as a way to ensure the autograph is legitimate.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why not, the bank had his checks printed with "Babe" Ruth on them. >>

I think it has to match what's on the signature card at the bank.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Currently at $3131 with 9 hours to go .... looks like it could reach the $5,000-$6,000 mark easily!

PoppaJ >>

The winning bid was $3,476.00 . I'm very surprised the price only went up a few hundred dollars during the final 9 hours.

brian
  • Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255
    a card well worth the money