Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

New - Queen Anne

I haven't been on here for ages (two, three years?) My collection has kinda gone into hibernation (since i started work, i don't get much time to collect coins so i guess i'm a semi-retired collector). But i decided to add my first new coin of the year (well first bought coin anyhow, since i still collect 10p's from circulation). I really like half guineas;

Comments

• Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    Good to have you back Sylvestius.

Great first coin of the year ..... and you won't find it in circulation image
  • farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Ha! Another yeti sighting! imageimage

Looks like a nice one there! image
  • HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Nice to have you back Sylvestius and great coin. image

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coin.

I like guineas and half-guineas (who wouldn't?), but I also have a thing for Queen Anne's coins. My first happened to be a 1714 guinea.

There are few things as appealing as old gold.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

• I've long been fascinated by Guineas myself Lord M. I totally agree with the interest in the Queen Anne stuff. I think (for me at least) a lot of it has to do with the Queen aspect. Like most countries the UK tends to have been dominated by Kings (primogeniture etc.) so Queens don't turn up that often and are a nice change when they do. Most British Queen coinage is interesting, Mary I, Elizabeth I, William & Mary, Anne, Victoria... okay I might be pushing the boat out several leagues by suggesting QE2's coinage is interesting (maybe it's not to us now, but in centuries to come the whole switch to decimal might prove a very popular collecting ground).