Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the going price for a 2006 Topps Alex Gordon cutout?

There is a full raw one on Ebay right now going for over $250. What is the going rate for the cutout version? I would like one for my 2006 Topps set. I am not paying that kind of price for a full one.

Also, does anybody here have one that they would sell?

Shane

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    That is way too much. Looking at the completed ebay auctions a raw one sold for $20.40 on 3-24 and a graded BGS 9.5 sold for $100.00 .

I will let you know if I see any.

brian

Edit: The card I see on ebay for a $250 is different than the 2 cards I mentioned. The 250 card is Heritage and I believe the 2 I mentioned are regular Topps.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you will look closely at the one that sold for $20.40, I think you will agree with me that it is a fake. I believe that the seller cutout the middle of another card. In other words, you can't see the name. On a genuine Gordon cutout, you can see his name. The $100 card did not sell. Thanks for looking. Please let me know if you see one.

Shane

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Shane, Please post the card # of the cutout card you are wanting.

2006 Topps Heritage cutout is #255
    2006 Topps cutout is #297
    2006 Topps gold blank is #297C
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wanting the regular base 2006 Topps.

Shane

• Options
    I check them every once in awhile. The Topps cut sell for $20 on average, from what I've seen. I've seen some sell for $15. Seen a lot of 2 of the Gold blank sell for $30 awhile back. That was a deal IMO.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the cutout brings too much. Depending on if its raw or graded. Raw maybe 20 - 30 bucks. There's 4 variations.

297A- The full card, like in my sig line.
    297B- Cutout(fairly common)
    297C- Gold blank(fairly common)
    297D- Silver blank(very rare)

I'm doing this from memory, so hope thats right.
  • Options
    Here's a pic of most of them- (not my cards)

imageimageimage
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Wow I had no idea these had dropped that much. I wonder how much Olbermann paid in total for those that he bought. I remember seeing a couple go for well over $3-4k.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slantycouch, if I remember right I think they were going for as much as $7,000 after they were first discovered.
    There's a thread somewhere about Olbermann and how many of them he was buying back then.