Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pee-wee hockey cards Are these licensed?

Are these printed in someone's basement?

This seller has a bunch of pee-wee hockey cards of a bunch of players I would be interested in.
I've never seen these cards before but thought they were extremely cool. They range from 1992 - 2000.
Many of these guys are now playing in the NHL. Anyone know anything about them? Would PSA grade these?
I sent him an email asking what size are the cards, and how makes them.

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Well, apparently BGS grades them.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Those were made for the Quebec International Pee Wee hockey tournament, which is a major event every year in Quebec City. (Teams from all over the world compete.) I don't know who made them but I imagine it's a local or at least Quebec-based company. I wouldn't know why PSA wouldn't grade them because they're as legit as any locally-produced minor league baseball or hockey set.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

cool cards! (let's hope there's not 10 unopened cases sitting in someone's Canadian garage?)

rd
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    They were printed over quite a few years. I've got a few boxes still from back when Hossa, Gagne, Tanguay and York where playing (1992 and 1993 maybe???). There were a couple of other eventual NHLers in the set, too. It's been so long, I can't remember. Somewhere, I've got several boxes worth in monster boxes as well as probably 3 unopened boxes.

They're standard 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 cards, but the cuts sometimes run larger and smaller than the standard. The stock is a little thin, too. Thinner that the 7th Inning Sketch issues from the same era.

I'm pretty sure that PSA grades them. At least they used to.

BTW, the set is HUGE!!! I remember being way short after cracking about a dozen boxes. I think there were over 1000 cards in the initial set in '92.

Hope this helps...