Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sent in 4 high grade Mantle's- PICS Added

I just sent in 4 very high grade Mantles. 2 1964's, 1966 & 1969 YL. The reason I'm posting this is that they are cracked out from GAI 8.5 holders that were crossed from PSA 8 holders about 4 years ago. I didn't go the crossover route as these were already graded by PSA and have had no success crossing GAI to PSA. I'm a little worried about one of the 64's as the left edge has a slight nick. Still should be okay. They are all stunning and should grade very high. Knowing that the .5 is a tough grade to attain I think 3 will be 8's with the 69 having the best shot at the 8.5. I will post scans of them in the GAI holders and then in the PSA holders when I get them back. Just thought I'd share.image

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I just sent in 4 very high grade Mantles. 2 1964's, 1966 & 1969 YL. The reason I'm posting this is that they are cracked out from GAI 8.5 holders that were crossed from PSA 8 holders about 4 years ago. I didn't go the crossover route as these were already graded by PSA and have had no success crossing GAI to PSA. I'm a little worried about one of the 64's as the left edge has a slight nick. Still should be okay. They are all stunning and should grade very high. Knowing that the .5 is a tough grade to attain I think 3 will be 8's with the 69 having the best shot at the 8.5. I will post scans of them in the GAI holders and then in the PSA holders when I get them back. Just thought I'd share.image >>

Good luck.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Best of Luck Mickey.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    (fingers crossed)...............Good lucK!
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see scans of them after they were cracked from the GAI holders
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    About 5 years ago when GAI seemed well on it's way in vintage card grading I almost crossed over a bunch of my vintage PSA high end stuff in hopes of the .5 from GAI. I'm so glad I only sent in about 10 crossovers to them. GAI stuff is becoming worthless. These are the last from the GAI experiment except for my GAI 8.5 56 Mantle that will have to go in under a different service tier as it is quite pricey. That will be going in soon. The 56 was bought already, but looks real nice.

Mickey
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with all those, I've had some stuff too in GAI holders and have cracked out with reasonable success.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    TTT for PICS added. Enjoy.
  • Options
    im holding my breath for you on these. Im afraid you will get the dreaded EOT, then resubmit a few times.
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Mickey,

Best of luck!

If they come back clean, you're going to have some real beauties!

PoppaJ