Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

'66 Yaz Bazooka Full Box--OPC or Topps?

added this beautiful '66 Bazooka Box to my Yaz Collection. Originally intended to cut it out and get slabbed to add to my Yaz Master Set. It is such a beauty that I will hopefully get it slabbed as is.

Question is: Is it OPC or Topps? I was thrilled to see one of the flaps state that it was made in Canada. Then saw the other flap that said Topps...Brooklyn.

Which is it...OPC version or Topps?

Comments

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    A very nice item. I would keep it uncut. There are cut panels floating around the hobby, but very few intact boxes - the whole box adds a dimension of scarcity and uniqueness, IMO. These cards would correctly be called Bazooka, and neither Topps nor OPC. So no matter if it was distributed in US or Canada, it is still called a Bazooka panel.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool item. I found a pair of those "real baseball glasses" stored with my old glove, wow are they uncomfortable.
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Manny, nice. I'm going to guess it's Topps if there is no french anywhere. JOhn

P.S. I still have one of those ball and strike indicators, works great to this day LOL

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure to the answer of your question of "is it topps or opc", but definitely recommend not cutting it up.

Great item...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I see what you mean by not being Topps or OPC, of course it is Bazooka.

I guess the real question is : Did Bazooka distribute in Canada so that this is the Bazooka version of Topps OPC...make sense?

And if so, is the Canadian verison more rare than a US verison?
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see what you mean by not being Topps or OPC, of course it is Bazooka.

I guess the real question is : Did Bazooka distribute in Canada so that this is the Bazooka version of Topps OPC...make sense?

And if so, is the Canadian verison more rare than a US verison? >>

A lot of the Topps product will have have the "In Canada Made And Distrubuted by O Pee Chee" line on it. That way they don't have to make two different packages when they do distribute to both countries. In other words, all of the '66 Bazooka boxes say the same thing (all mine do--two sets worth).
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I leave it as is,
    Well I mean don't cut out the panel have it graded as a full box.
    That's the best one I've ever seen complete.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    AWESOME FULL BOX MANNY! KEEP IT THAT WAY. This was a cut-panel beauty I had to sell last year. I think I got $300.00 for it.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Outstanding box! You got to keep that intact. Cutting that thing would be just as bad a travesty as the card companies hacking up documents and equipment.