Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

One more Fantasy BB question -

Since you guys were so good with the RP question let me run this by you -

What are your thoughts on Nelson Cruz and Corey Hart?

B J Upton?

Any position player dark horses you like?

Thanks!!!

"Molon Labe"

Comments

• Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    Jeff Treadway
  • Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    cody ross....you can usually get him late, and he may go 30 hrs, 95rbis., 11 sb
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    If you are trying to decide on Hart or Cruz, I would definitely go with Hart. He finally seemed to get his act together last year and shold be even better this year. Should be able to get him in the 6th round or later in a 10 team league.

It is just my opinion, but I don't see how you can go wrong with anyone named Upton this year. Justin's big year may be next year but he will gets some playing time this year. BJ showed his power in the playoffs last year. Last year he had a shoulder (may have been his elbow) injury that was depleting his power. He is supposedly healthy this year and I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 30+ HRs this season. A potential 30-30 guy with a decent OBP shouldn't really be considered a sleeper.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Agree about Hart being the better of the two. Upton is a risk for what it will take to get him, you will either do real well or real low (BA may be low too)

Cody Ross is a GREAT sleeper. Cameron Maybin is another who will be a risk, but if he can cut down on strikeouts and put the ball in play, you are looking at a 30/30 potential player. Skip Schumaker is a good late round/low dollar pick. Will come close to 100 runs scored, wont hurt your BA and will throw in 10 steals. Finally, even though he is not a "Sleeper" in the conventional sense, he still isnt a big name yet and will probably go later than usual in most drafts or for less money....Matt Freakin Kemp. He is an absolute beast and with a potential line of 30HR, 30 Steals, 100RBI, 100 Runs and a .300 BA, this will be the last year before he commands top 10 respect.

My draft is tomorrow and I see myself having Maybin, Kemp, Ross and Schumaker as 4 of my 5 OF in my NL only league
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY