Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Looking for Proof-Like Franklins

Comments

• Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PM or post in thread. >>

I've never seen a "prooflike" Franklin Half. Is there such a thing? If so, they must be really scarce.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I've seen a couple of DMPL 1949-S & 1951-S Halves over the years. I've also seen what I term "matte P-L" 53-S Halves. I guess 59-P is another issue that could be described
    as P-L or semi-prooflike.

I would think the DMPL 49-S or 51-S would be worth a significant premium, especially in MS-64/better grades.
  • Options
    coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    For that matter, about half of the 1950 - 1954 proof halves could be termed as PL! I'm sure that's now what you are looking for though.
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe I have a 1963 frankin that is frosty!! I'm in college right now... I can post pics in a month or so when I see it again!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750
    I have a couple PL Frankies, a '49-S and a '59. These are the only two dates that have been graded by NGC as PL. And yes, I did pay a premium for them. I actually paid more for the '59. The '49-S came from flykite.

I've heard of a '54-S that's PL.

• Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750
    TTT

Anyone else got any PL Frankies for sale?