Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The world's most expensive baseball cards

Comments

• Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Agreed. Pujols' Bowman Chrome rookie should definitely be towards the top of that list.
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭

<< <i>Agreed. Pujols' Bowman Chrome rookie should definitely be towards the top of that list. >>

At least 2nd I would think. D'Oh
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Is that Ruth really more expensive than a Wagner of the same grade?
  • Options
    Most expensive is the Gretzky Wagner, all the cards mentioned in the report in high grade, the sky's the limit, all it takes is two deep pockets to get it up there. Hopefully there are a few "finds" out there. Oh, the Baugh and Bednarik are unreal.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    You know what, you guys are all "bully" and "bluster" until a 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols is graded BGS 10 PRISTINE! If I had the money, I would definitely take that card over any other card ever produced. It will probably be the only one ever graded that high.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is that Ruth really more expensive than a Wagner of the same grade? >>

in very low grade, perhaps. With Ruth, you are primarily paying for the rarity of the card, as there are so very few known.

With Wagner...although the card is definitively rare, there are a few dozen of these that transact, and on a more regular basis than Ruth [although there seems to have been at least one Ruth every year for the past few...]

m
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255
    some expensive cars alright!