Home Sports Talk
Options

Rafael Palmeiro Elected To College Hall Of Fame

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
Some of you might have noticed that Rafael Palmeiro was elected to the College Baseball Hall of Fame recently.

I think he has no chance of being elected a member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. But even beyond that, I would not be surprised if he did not receive 5% of the vote and dropped off the ballot forever, notwithstanding his 500 HRs and 3000 career hits.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    If only we KNEW when he started using steroids. It's too bad.
  • Options

<< <i>If only we KNEW when he started using steroids. It's too bad. >>

It's pretty easy to look at his stats to see when he started: 1993, the first full year after Canseco arrived. Prior to that, in 6 1/2 full seasons, Palmiero's best HR year was 26. The year after Canseco arrived, he hit 37, then went on to top out at 47 a few years later. I don't ever recall any hitter going over 3000 at bats before suddenly 'getting it' and then start mashing home runs.

• Options
    he was a heck of a college ball player; too bad he decided to cheat and he will NEVER get in the HOF, just like McGwire and Bonds and Sosa.
  • Options
    Out of Bonds , McGwire , Sosa and Palmeiro , Palmeiro was definitely the greatest fraud. His numbers are the most over inflated and unrealistic of that group , especially the 500 homers. I only hope that the HOF voters shut him out and get him off the ballot that first year.