Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question for set registry collectors

I am currently working on the 1999 Bowmans Best Atomic Refractors set. There are 200 cards in the set and each card is serial #ed to 100. I am going to send them in to PSA and start a set registry. Key rookies in this set are Matt Holliday, C.C Sabathia and Alfonso Soriano. How much do you guys think a PSA Registered set with a GPA of 9 or above would be worth? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Since it is not a set on the registry already and there are only about 200 in the population report, I would say the commons would not bring much interest so a PSA 9 = $2-5 and a PSA 10 = $5-10 would be about all you could hope for and that would mean listing multiple times on ebay because they would not all sell on the first listing. The star players (those with player sets on the registry) could bring $10-$100 depending on who is watching/bidding on ebay since they are such rare cards.

Hard to make a guess on the whole set. You would not get out of it what you put into it, maybe only 25% of what you spent building it.

This set just doesn't have the notoriety yet (if ever) like the 1993 Finest Refractors Set despite their rarity.

*** A PSA 10 Ripken could fetch $100-200 from a Ripken collector because those guys are absolutely crazy for Cal! and they are always in bidding wars it seems.
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    I have a Cal Ripken BGS 9.5 that is a pop 1 and there is currently no PSA 10's of this card. I am going to cross it over for my set. I also have a Derek Jeter that has no PSA 10's in the pop report. I recently saw a raw 99 atomic Jeter sell for 96 bucks on ebay. I have worked on this set for 2 years now and I have completed about 25% of the set. I'm pretty stoked about sending these in with the current 4.50 per card April grading special and will start my registry when I get those back. I'm pretty confident that if I can finish this set that it will be the only complete set finished of the 1999 bowman best atomic refractors. With each card being serial #ed to 100 it has been a very difficult set to do, but I think it will look awesome in PSA slabs when it is finally done. Anyone that has any 99 bowmans best atomic refractors please send me a PM and I would love to buy them from you. Thanks.
  • Options
    Very cool. Putting a set like that in PSA holders is a great way to protect the cards, and I agree with you that the holders often increase the asthetics. Good luck on the Ripken crossover, scan and post it on the ripken thread, like I said those guys are rabid on that thread (good guys too).