Home Precious Metals

Silver is a toxic metal. Does that make it a toxic asset ?

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm more curious about what "toxic assets" really are.

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver is toxic to bacteria and werewolves but not to humans unless ingested in large quantities.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm more curious about what "toxic assets" really are. >>

Mortgages on assets that are greater than the value of the assets used as collateral for the loan.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If an asset is "toxic" is it still an asset????

• << <i>If an asset is "toxic" is it still an asset???? >>

lol...my thoughts exactly.

It's a kinder, gentler way for words to not offend anyone.

What scares me as much as this deficit we are running and soon to add to, is the same financial institutions that are ridding themselves of these "toxic assets" by way of private/government sponsorship are the same ones lining up at the trough to purchase them back.

That is the buzz. Does that make sense?
  • drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If an asset is "toxic" is it still an asset???? >>

lol...my thoughts exactly.

It's a kinder, gentler way for words to not offend anyone.

What scares me as much as this deficit we are running and soon to add to, is the same financial institutions that are ridding themselves of these "toxic assets" by way of private/government sponsorship are the same ones lining up at the trough to purchase them back.

That is the buzz. Does that make sense? >>

Oh....the friggin' Public....what a bunch of morons!
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    If you want to turn silver, you can easily do so.

Photos Of Silver Folks

////////////

wiki.

Colloidal silver is a liquid suspension of microscopic particles of silver. A colloid is technically defined as particles which remain suspended without forming an ionic, or dissolved solution. The broader commercial definition of "colloidal silver" includes products that contain various concentrations of ionic silver, silver colloids, ionic silver compounds or silver proteins in purified water. Colloidal silver with concentrations of 30 parts per million (ppm) or less are typically manufactured using an electrolysis process, whereas colloidal silver with higher concentrations of 50 ppm or more are usually silver compounds that have been bound with a protein.

Currently, colloidal silver is marketed for internal use as an alternative medical remedy, though there is no scientific evidence of its effectiveness for any medical condition.[1][2] Excessive use can result in argyria, a form of silver toxicity.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.