Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any 1932 U.S. Caramel fans out there?

Hey All,

I've always liked the '32 Caramels, but they sure are pricey, aren't they? They're the one set that I've found that closely resembles the '14 and '15 Cracker Jack cards, and I guess that's one of the reasons driving my interest. Has anyone here ever thought of putting together this 32-card set together? If it weren't for the Lindstrom card, I'd be much more tempted to try.
Always looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks in a uniform PSA 3 (NQ)

psacard.com/psasetregistry/publishedset.aspx?s=223023&ac=1

Comments

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Few people choose to go for the Wagner and Plank in T206 and Lajoie in 1933 Goudey but those sets are still very popular. So Lindstrom shouldn't be the reason to not collect the US Caramel set. They're quite a bit harder to find in decent shape than Goudey cards from the same era. Prices really should be higher but scarcity chases some collectors away.
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I'm very unfamiliar with the set. Can someone tell me why the Lindstrom is so expensive? Thanks in advance for the education.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    When I started my all time Red Sox registry I never realized how pricey the US Caramels were. In many cases they command more money than T206's in the same grade. For example, I think you'd pay about the same or more for a PSA 4 US Caramel Joe Cronin than a PSA 4 T206 Tris Speaker. And 3 US Caramels are in the Sox registry. It's a real hindrance..not that I have any money right now, but it will be a big hindrance one day image
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>I'm very unfamiliar with the set. Can someone tell me why the Lindstrom is so expensive? Thanks in advance for the education.

Chris >>

///////////////////

Hi Chris,

Presumably, the card was issued in extremely limited numbers to limit requests for free baseballs and baseball gloves offered to those who collected sets and sent them in for redemption (1 complete set for a baseball, 3 for a glove).

Less than 5 copies of the card are known to exist.

PoppaJ
  • Options
    That's a good point, KBKards, and it's got me thinkin'. I'm usually a stickler for uniformity in the number grades, but I don't think that I'd have the luxury of just sitting around and waiting for these things to come up for sale. If I decide to take the plunge, you all will be the first to know.

• Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Love em. Just can't afford em.
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    I believe there is only 3 of the Lindstroms known and Larry Fritsch had owned 2 of them at one time (before he passed away).

Lindstrom was the chase card so there wouldnt be too many complete sets (as stated above), the similar US Caramel R114 US Presidents set has the same thing (chase card is McKinley, 3 known).

Here is the info on the R114 set
    R114 US Presidents set sells for $22K+
  • Options
    Thanks for that info, fkw. I knew that the U.S. Presidents were featured on their own Caramel Co. issue, but I didn't realize they could be worth so much.