Home Metal Detecting
Options

Can anyone HELP

Have been wanting to buy a metal detector and I'm new at this.. Have a chance to buy a used White 5900/DiPro Sl.. It looks to be in real good shape.. My questions are, is this one, a good one to get my feet wet on, or is there another way to go... The asking price for the White is $375.00.. Want to look for coins, precious metals, rings, etc.. Does anyone have any information that would help me get started and what way to go.. Also is Tesoro one should look at.. Thanks for all the help...

A Rookie

Comments

• Options
    lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    I have a Whites 6000.
    This cost me around $600 new, 15 or so years ago. Great machine but heavy.

Ray
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    Hmm, I dont know much about Tosoro but If I were you I would stick the the 3 main names. Whites, Garrett, Fisher. They all make great detectors. That doesn't mean I'm selling the others short, I hear alot of people that like Bounty Hunters Brand as well as other brands.
    My advice would be to keep simple and keep it inexpensive to make sure you like hobby. Alot of peeps on this forum have suggested the Garrett Ace 250. Alot of bang for the buck at $212.00.

Purple
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I have a Tesoro DeLeon and its a great coinshooter. Tesoros come with a full lifetime guarantee.
  • Options
    JackrabbitJackrabbit Posts: 266 ✭✭
    Dock

How is the Deleon on finding raw metals ??? What would one expect to pay for one also.... Thanks
  • Options
    According to the Garrett Catalog I received in the mail there is a new price range for the 250...for the Garrett 250 without any extra items its new cost is $ 249.95. with a sports pack cost here is $349.95. Go to Garett.com and place your name in for a home mail catalog as I did very helpful info.
    Big Kahuna

• Options

<< <i>According to the Garrett Catalog I received in the mail there is a new price range for the 250...for the Garrett 250 without any extra items its new cost is $ 249.95. with a sports pack cost here is $349.95. Go to Garett.com and place your name in for a home mail catalog as I did very helpful info. >>

Kahuna, it's $212 at Kellyco, plus you get some freebies with it. Manufaturer's home page is a great start for info but shop arround for the best deal.

Link
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Got my Ace 250 thru Kellyco also, great ompany to deal with.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    And really make sure you find a machine that has pin pointing. It's really a pain to keep
    having to go around in a circle sometimes to pin point where the item is so you don't
    have to dig a big hole.