Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official 2009 Texas Rangers World Series Thread

Since everybody else has one, I thought my Rangers needed one too.

Going to score a ton of runs. Maybe they can actually have a team ERA below 5.

Comments

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Go Chris Davis!!!!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Just a bump.

At least we have a chance in the division this year. The Angels and A's either have young SP's or banged up veterans and the Mariners just suck.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    This will once again be the Angels division to lose
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Oakland has a much better offense and they have rising young pitchers. Angels should win. mariners are just awful. Texas may battle for 2nd if they had any kind of pitching; which they dont.
  • Options
    RangermanRangerman Posts: 276 ✭✭
    If they finish 89 & 73 , I will be happyimage THEN, their chances improve next year with the BEST minor league talent, including some dynomite pitching prospects. image

CHEERS RANGER FANS----- TONY
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    This Los Angeles Dodgers fan and LA native throws his support to the Rangers as the Angels are good regular season gamers and post season chokers image...........Plus they aren't even in Los Angeles County......They should still be called the California or Anaheim Angels. LOL

Brian
  • Options
    Day one has passed and the Rangers are undefeated after a crushing defeat of the AL Central favorite Indians.
  • Options
    West W L Pct GB Home Road Last 10 Streak
    Texas Rangers 2 0 1.000 -- 2-0 0-0 2-0 Won 2
    Oakland Athletics 2 1 .667 0.5 0-0 2-1 2-1 Won 2
    Los Angeles Angels 1 2 .333 1.5 1-2 0-0 1-2 Lost 2
    Seattle Mariners 1 2 .333 1.5 0-0 1-2 1-2 Lost 2
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, can't pull or root for the Rangers, they use a DH. In baseball pitchers are supposed to hit and be hit, its baseball. Hitters are supposed to field also.

On the plus side, the Rangers did have the coolest owner ever, GW

Plus they had Nolan Ryan and he beat the crap out of some guy who charged the mound. I'm having a senior moment, can't think of the stool pigeon who charged him.

Nothing else to add.....
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

<< <i>Plus they had Nolan Ryan and he beat the crap out of some guy who charged the mound. I'm having a senior moment, can't think of the stool pigeon who charged him. >>

Robin Ventura, and we still have Nolan Ryan he just works from an executive box now.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    ... lol lol lol

Matts in the wrong forum, but that cracks me up.
  • Options
    Best team in baseball for the first 3 games. Since then, not so much image.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Best team in baseball for the first 3 games. Since then, not so much image. >>

True, but look on the bright side- it looks like Anaheim just might be able to out-muscle the Sharks and steal this thing in six or seven.
  • Options
    Still in 1st place.
  • Options
    May not last for long, but for now we are still in first with a 3.5 game lead over the Angels.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Now in July and still in first. Way to go Rangers. I'm holding a $100 slip with 75 to 1 odds on them to win the World Series that I got last November in Vegas, so go Rangers! Just make it to the playoffs and then anything can happen.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs