Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does anyone know much about 1954 Parkhurst wrestling set?

I do not see a price guide. It is a 75 card set and I have a list of the wrestlers. Does anyone know which cards are more valuable? Are there any short prints? Are the cards with premiums also available as stats on back too. How hard is it to put a nm set together? Does anyone have nice cards to sell? Does anyone know about 1955 Parkhurst set and if it is harder or easier to complete. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    A very tough set that is extremely difficult to put together in true NM condition. Probably the 1957 Topps Basketball set is an equivalent in terms of condition sensitivity. I have a few complete and partial sets and most cards are not NM. EXCELLENT is a very solid grade for this set.

The stars that are the more expensive are the names you have heard of: Rocca, Thesz, Gagne, Brazil, Gorgeous George, etc...

I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a set registry going on the 1954 set with over 50% complete for the 75 card set and I am 80% complete on the 121 card 1955 set. I am wanting to get the cards in 6 or above but will take PSA 5s for now.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable