Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Psa Can o corn fantasy baseball legue, we doing year 3?

Leiascards
djspann
MikeyLikesIt
fuj
colebear
jlbsquared
rugbymarine
Bearkat21
EAsports

We want to keep the league going? Im down.
My baseball and MMA articles-
http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey

Comments

• Options
    does Leiascards still post?? cant say ive seen one in a while
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Did everyone finally pay up last year? I'd be willing but would want to exclude the MIA players.
  • Options
    Yeah, all prizes eventully were paid out. THat isnt always easy on the internet so i figure might as well keep it going if possible. I dont post a lot on this board much either, so if some of the guys are MIA we could always invite a few newcomers to fill the spots.

I left arnyvee off the list, and i didnt know one of the owners from last season.

imagey
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    If you have room, I would love to be invited. I don't post very often but I am on the board every day and love fantasy baseball.....John
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I would love to play too if a spot opens up.

mathew

email is artist_lost@hotmail.com

thanks
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    I'm in to donate for another year......image
  • Options
    OK, I'll volunteer to be commish. Let me go back to last year's league and send out an invites to everyone that is still active. If there's any spots left, I'll PM the first guys who posted here. I'll get this done within a few hours. Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks fuj, cant wait to get the draft done!

imagey
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Count me out, guys. I enjoyed playing both years (and winning in 2007 !) but I've already got too many fantasy baseball teams to worry about.

Good luck.
  • Options
    League has been set up. Invitations sent to the following team managers from last year:

bigfische
    djspann
    colebear
    jlbsquared
    Bearkat21
    Red Sox Suck (not sure about his CU name)

I didn't have email addresses for MikeyLikesIt, EAsports or Leiascards.

artistlost - sent you an invite too.

JohnnyD - PM your email addy and I'll send you an invite as well.

Settings are Yahoo default rotisserie style settings - 12 teams.

Prizes will be as follows: Top 3 finishers are in the money. Each team manager that finishes outside the top 3 will pay out $20 (preferably in cards) to one of the top 3. To provide more structure I'm going to take a page from Mark (MeteoriteGuy) and will assign who pays out to who in advance.

Anyone else interested, send me a PM. Thanks and good luck everyone!

• Options
    PM sent...thanks. John
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    All signed up. Let's play ball!
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    I'll play again if there is room. Shoot me a PM.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    With just a couple of weeks left, there is a fierce battle going on for the top 4 spots. Some of the teams are switching places frequently and today's standings are below:

1. fuj 104
    2. JohnnyD 92
    3. artistlost's (balls) 86.5
    4. calaban7 82.5
    5. Leathernecks 72
    6. dpuccio 60.5
    7. colebear 60
    8. big 'ol fische 51.5
    9. 238501 47
    9. jlbsquared 47
    11. Bearkat21 43.5
    12. EASports 33.5

JohnnyD and artistlost are running neck and neck in almost all of the pitching categories so a couple of big pitching days could swing the standings significantly between the 2 of them. JohnnyD's offense has been carried down the stretch by Derrek Lee - who could have seen this resurgence by DLee? calaban and myself are running behind in innings pitched and are picking up various starting pitchers in an effort to pad our pitching stats.

As a reminder, the top three teams will receive payouts as follows (this is from the email i sent to the league on March 30th):

1st place will receive 5 prizes total paid out from the #'s 4, 5, 7, 10 and 12th place finishers.

2nd place will receive 3 prizes total paid out from the #'s 6, 8 and 11th place finishers.

3rd place will receive 1 prize total paid out from the 9th place finisher.
  • Options
    Final Standings:

1. fuj 108
    2. JohnnyD 92
    3. calaban7 90.5
    4. artistlost's (balls) 85.5
    5. Leathernecks 71.5
    6. dpuccio 62
    7. colebear 61
    8. big 'ol fische 54.5
    9. jlbsquared 44.5
    10. Bearkat21 41.5
    11. 238501 40
    12. EASports 29

In a close battle, calaban7 was able to overtake and hold off artistlost for 3rd place. Calaban made many moves down the stretch to juggle his lineup in his successful bid to finish in the top 3. Nice job!

Thanks for another fun year everyone - hopefully everyone will come back next year.

Now on to the settling up of prizes for the winners . . . . .

For 1st place, fuj will receive payouts from artistlost, Leathernecks, colebear, Bearkat21 and EASports.

For 2nd place, JohnnyD will receive payouts from dpuccio, bigfische and 238501.

For 3rd place, calaban7 will receive a payout from jlbsquared.

JohnnyD and calaban, please post what you collect so hopefully everyone can send you something that will fit into your collection.

As for me, I don't have a true focus at this point. I'm working on the HOF and Future HOF registries in Baseball, Basketball and Football, the Michael Jordan Master and Basic registries and I just started working on collecting the RCs for everyone that has ever attended Cal. If nothing fits the above, anything vintage would be cool with me.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    PM your address, and I'll get something out.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    Calaban- lmk what you collect (or maybe a link to a card you want?), or I can just paypal you the $20...
  • Options
    Johnnyd - Once you post what you collect I will send you something. If I don't have anything I will Paypal you $20.
  • Options
    JohnnyD, PM me as well as replying in here, i often hang out in sports talk more than here now and i dont want to miss it.

imagey
  • Options
    Hey guys.....great season, lets do it again next year!! For my payout, I am not picky, anything football or baseball related would be fine....Take Care!!!

Johnnyd
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Calaban- lmk what you collect (or maybe a link to a card you want?), or I can just paypal you the $20... >>

PM sent--- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Calaban- lmk what you collect (or maybe a link to a card you want?), or I can just paypal you the $20... >>

PM sent--- Sonny >>

Thanks for the cards --- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Bump.

Still waiting to settle up with the last 2 team owners.

Thanks.