Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone read Jon Nadler's

daily drivel at Kitco.com? This mornings' was a beaut! I am looking forward to his afternoon post. The guy is a joke.

ID-10-T

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped reading Nads long ago, even if the humor content is high. He sends so many wrong messages that it totally messes with my mind on when to enter and when to sell. Easier for me if I just don't read that crap. KISS.

His call of August 2007 of waiting for $600-$650 gold to buy back in is still one of the worst calls ever. On the "good" side, his readers might have had an opportunity to buy back in at $700 in November 2008 if they finally stopped reading him and used their own brains.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>daily drivel at Kitco.com? This mornings' was a beaut! I am looking forward to his afternoon post. The guy is a joke. >>

i read it and i do not agree with you that this post was a joke.

in what way do you consider it a joke?

almost always his first section of the article simply reports the
    facts of what PMs did. nothing in that section is joking around.
    just facts.

then he usually goes on to share what other people think and gives
    his opinion on it. often taking the devil's advocate position. often
    he just discusses the possible outcomes of the blurb mentioned and
    gives his opinion of what is most likely.

he sounds much more sane then most gold bug reports do in my mind.
  • Options
    Nads is a proverbial bear. That makes no sense to me when commodities are in a secular bull market. You don't want to be taking advice from a bear during a bull. Why he'll make sure you don't lose much money, you'll never make a dime listening to him.

Since when does following the "common sense of the pack" make sense when climbing that "wall of worry?" If you want reasonable advice read Saville, Ackerman, Palha, Burak, Maund, Weigand, Hoye, Kirby, and others like them. They look at both sides but clearly understand when a market is bullish and when it is bearish. Shortest book in the world?.....Rich clients of John Nadler. CNBC, CNN, banks, newspapers, and others love his commentary, and for good reason.

roadrunner
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>daily drivel at Kitco.com? This mornings' was a beaut! I am looking forward to his afternoon post. The guy is a joke. >>

i read it and i do not agree with you that this post was a joke.

in what way do you consider it a joke?

almost always his first section of the article simply reports the
    facts of what PMs did. nothing in that section is joking around.
    just facts.

then he usually goes on to share what other people think and gives
    his opinion on it. often taking the devil's advocate position. often
    he just discusses the possible outcomes of the blurb mentioned and
    gives his opinion of what is most likely.

he sounds much more sane then most gold bug reports do in my mind. >>

Gold bugs look at the currency aspect of gold. Nadler is a "bullion analyst" that only analizes the commodity aspect of gold.
    Just once I would like to see him call gold higher.

• Options

<< <i>Nads is a proverbial bear. That makes no sense to me when commodities are in a secular bull market. You don't want to be taking advice from a bear during a bull. Why he'll make sure you don't lose much money, you'll never make a dime listening to him.

Since when does following the "common sense of the pack" make sense when climbing that "wall of worry?" If you want reasonable advice read Saville, Ackerman, Palha, Burak, Maund, Weigand, Hoye, Kirby, and others like them. They look at both sides but clearly understand when a market is bullish and when it is bearish. Shortest book in the world?.....Rich clients of John Nadler. CNBC, CNN, banks, newspapers, and others love his commentary, and for good reason.

roadrunner >>

i never thought as Nadler as giving out investment advice and telling me what to
    do with my money. he gave his opinion and was never meant as investment advice, in my opinion,
    which is very different then most articles proclaiming the endless goodness
    of investing in gold and silver....

so that is probably why we differ in opinion. i read it for entertainment
    and to get his opinion. I would not turn around and invest 10,000 in
    gold because he said it was hot or not.
  • Options
    I've determined that Kitco must make thier $$ on buying at spot(or lower) and selling at a huge premium.

Jons job is to get more people to sell, especially now when coin buyers are waiting weeks for delivery.
  • Options

>>

i never thought as Nadler as giving out investment advice and telling me what to
    do with my money. he gave his opinion and was never meant as investment advice, in my opinion,

gold because he said it was hot or not. >>

He was recently recommending shorting gold and going long mining shares. That sounds like investment advice to me.image
  • Options

<< <i> >>

gold because he said it was hot or not. >>

He was recently recommending shorting gold and going long mining shares. That sounds like investment advice to me.image >>

i admit not reading it every day. it is possible i miss some doozies he
    puts out. most of them i have read were rather interesting.. like when
    he mentions that certain countries like India are no longer the big buyers
    they used to be. It is that type of commentary i read him for.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Please do not call him a bear. I do not wish

to have him as a part of my species.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Peter Schiff is the one to watch

• Options
    Agreed. Nadler's a dingbat.
  • Options
    so that is probably why we differ in opinion. i read it for entertainment and to get his opinion. I would not turn around and invest 10,000 in gold because he said it was hot or not.

If I wanted a useless opinion on gold or other PM's I would take Bernanke or Geithner's statements as gospel. If you followed Nads closely there would never be an opportunity to invest $10,000 in gold. Certainly there has been nothing since August 2007. Opposing views are fine as long as they back them up with fundamentals and technicals. Just lip service is not enough. Nads gets paid well to keep the Kitco reading sheeple frozen with fear. That is, to buy high and sell low. He doesn't even get respect in Kitco's own gold chat room. If you want to read someone who has a much better handle on Kitco Gold read some of the threads by the Kitco forum amateur analysts. Any of them would make a better Senior Analyst rather than Nadz.

roadrunner
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nadler's commentary has the flavor of continual taunting, even when gold is on the rise. I read him occasionally, mainly to see if there is anything that I can agree with him on. He tends to ignore fundamentals in a big way. At least no one can accuse Kitco of having a positive bias towards gold...
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.